The Telling

The Telling

A Story by Kody Reavis
"

A boy is visited by a ghostly woman every night. He tries to understand what she wants, but in the end he gets a surprise.

"
Eyes...her bright beautiful ghostly eyes fixed on me as I lay in my bed a little less scared than when she first appeared in my room a few weeks ago. Her visits are beginning to be more often every time she shows up. She always visits my room when i'm in my bed at around 2:45 in the middle of the night, or in the morning however you would prefer. Now i'm not going to lie, the first time I saw her I screamed so loud that the people next door called the police. Of course I was unable to just tell them what i have been seeing as they would simply think i'm insane.
The More she visits, the more friendlier yet sadder she seems. Her facial expressions always seem as if she is happy to see me, but she expects to be sad or worried about something. The woman is bright see-through blue, she has long brown hair that goes past her shoulders, and wears a white dress that ends just before her knees. I try to speak to her often, but every time she just says the same thing "I'm Sorry...but soon.." "Soon What?" I asked. She only made her usual sad face and faded away.
The next morning, I got up and went through my normal routine. I took a shower, ate an apple, then headed off to school in some dumb small car that I've had for a while. The only thing different this time was the feeling that someone was with me everywhere I went. Assuming that it's the woman from my room makes it not so creepy.
Hours later I returned home. Her "presence" feeling was still there, but I tried to ignore it. Since I had time to waste, I surfed the internet and watched T.V for the rest of the day. I had nothing left to look forward to other than tonight.
I looked at the clock next to my bed and it was 2:44 in the morning. I just sat and waited for the time to change and the minute to pass. I wanted to try and speak with her better this time. I looked at the clock and as soon as it changed, my door opened all the way and I saw the blue light shining through my window from the outside. I then got up and went to look out my window. I saw her standing in the middle of the road staring up at me. I turned and then ran down the stairs to go outside to see her. She was still there, but she was crying. I wanted to go closer to her. I headed towards her and was eventually right in front of her. She looked at me with a very sad look. She whispered "I'm Sorry..." As soon as she finished, she seemed to become brighter. I turned to my left only to see that it were headlights coming towards me at full speed. I tried to move, but all I heard last was the screeching sound from the vehicle and then everything went black. 
My eyes slowly opened shortly after. The pain was terrible in my upper body, but i could tell most of my body was numb. I was lying on the ground in my own blood. I began to choke on blood and the taste of it filled my mouth. I could feel intense pain in my arms and my head especially. It was very hard to even think. I tried to look around as much as I could. My head would not move enough to see everything. I noticed the vehicle was a truck and it was flipped on its side in someone's yard with some flames under it. The driver was nowhere in sight. I moved my head towards my legs as much as I could. My breathing was very fast and constant even though I was struggling for oxygen. My arms were bent and snapped in strange ways, but I couldn't even react to it. Soon my vision was blurring and then all went black. I then realized that I have died.
Now if you are wondering how I am able to write and tell this story even though I am dead... Well sometimes there are things in life that cannot be explained. But now I am done, and if you ever see that bright blue woman, tell her I forgive her and "Goodbye." 

© 2014 Kody Reavis


Author's Note

Kody Reavis
Hope you enjoyed this story. Sat down one day and wrote this so no it isn't real at all, but a fun read. I'd love any feedback that helps me progress in further writings.
I do have more to share soon!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love the concept of this story, and I did enjoy reading very much.

It does need some proofreading however, for instance:

"Her visits are beginning to be more often every time she shows up." This is an redundant line, that needs fixing.

" she is happy to see me, but she expects to be sad" Did you mean... "always seems"?

" Her "presence" feeling was still there, but I tried to ignore it" There's no reason to put quotes around the word presents. Also, since you used the word (presents) there's no reason to have the word "feeling" after it.

All and all it's a great little story.

Keep it up!

Kayja




Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kody Reavis

9 Years Ago

Definitely Do agree with everything you mentioned, i'm only beginning so I appreciate the help!
Kayja Symphious

9 Years Ago

You're quite welcome. I will tell you, that even the best writers (I'm not one) will make mistakes, .. read more
Kayja Symphious

9 Years Ago

HA! so don't feel bad...see!! I needed to proofread!



Reviews

Nice story! I enjoy reading it~

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the concept of this story, and I did enjoy reading very much.

It does need some proofreading however, for instance:

"Her visits are beginning to be more often every time she shows up." This is an redundant line, that needs fixing.

" she is happy to see me, but she expects to be sad" Did you mean... "always seems"?

" Her "presence" feeling was still there, but I tried to ignore it" There's no reason to put quotes around the word presents. Also, since you used the word (presents) there's no reason to have the word "feeling" after it.

All and all it's a great little story.

Keep it up!

Kayja




Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kody Reavis

9 Years Ago

Definitely Do agree with everything you mentioned, i'm only beginning so I appreciate the help!
Kayja Symphious

9 Years Ago

You're quite welcome. I will tell you, that even the best writers (I'm not one) will make mistakes, .. read more
Kayja Symphious

9 Years Ago

HA! so don't feel bad...see!! I needed to proofread!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 30, 2014
Last Updated on August 30, 2014
Tags: Scary, Creepy, Suspenseful

Author

Kody Reavis
Kody Reavis

Omaha, NE



About
I Love to write short stories and get feedback from anyone i can! I as well am currently writing a novel. more..

Writing