Started where it ended

Started where it ended

A Story by Prasena

Before I even start,let me just thank you all for taking time off your busy schedule to read this.Well,you might wonder , how on earth a medical student would have time for all these but my sincere passion for literature and my dearest sister , Priya Didi have inspired me to open up a blog. To start off, I thought of sharing a real life story about someone very close to me.You dont always get smitten by  a stranger at first sight for no reasons.Yes it does happen in Indian cinema but somehow either the guy or the girl are extremely good looking or extremely talented or they define perfection.But my friend here ,had something for someone who was extremely ordinary(And extremely ordinary means extremely ordinary).She didnt know his age(obvious to the fact that he was a few years older to her),she didnt know his character and above all that HE DIDNT KNOW HER EXISTENCE.It was a just a crush she said.You know when your best friend goes the whole day gushing about a stranger ,stalking his social networking profiles and analysing his character all by herself,BE AWARE BECAUSE IT ISNT JUST A CRUSH.I remember the days when she used to dress up extremely well on Thursdays just because he would probably come over for lunch after his oncalls .And the days where all the dressing up would just go wasted because he eventually never turned up that often.He was tall,with dark toned skin,very moderately dressed,average looking stranger but even with the specks , I could see every nuance of mine getting eternally attached to his , SHE says.Her trademark dialogue was "Yes he is ordinary but even his sight makes me feel extraordinary.She went on for six months,waiting eagerly to meet him unexpectedly at the cafe or anywhere else around the campus by chance.Early March this year,she gathered some courage ,of course after some mind blowing ,professional love guru talks from us ,to actually tell him how she felt.Somehow,she found out he has a compulsary class to attend every Thursday evening .With a pen,she wrote down everything and left a note with six Ferrero rocher chocolates (EFFORTS THAT WAS MERELY A WASTE).She never left her name but eventually she did tell him after a couple of days.WAIT EVEN BEFORE YOU START IMAGINING IT WAS A FAIRYTALE ENDING ,it wasnt.It ended so badly that which I unfortunately cant share with you for now.It ended before it even started.The didnt even end up as friends and it became worse than being strangers.We had a long five months break and those were the times she used to tell me how much hatred she had for this stranger whom once whose sight could make her smile all day long.I thought she finally came into her senses and told her some people are just not worth it.BUT NO ,AGAIN NEVER ADVISE SOMEONE WHO IS IN LOVE (IT WASNT A CRUSH AFTER ALL) .During our first week orientation at med school,she saw him ,ignorant to the fact that this was the last she was going to see him as he is in his final houseman year away from campus.To my astonishment, all her hatred just disappeared MAKING ME FEEL DUMB.She started off again with her gushing again MAKING OUR EARS BLEED OF COURSE.Maybe he was right,Maybe I shouldnt have done that,Maybe IT WAS ALL MY SIN, she started,taking the blame all by herself to see her own illusion of him being MR RIGHT .Today she says,I hope one day,we end up working at the same hospitals,forget everything and start all over again from being strangers and sit down together to tell our kids in the future about our story that started where it ended.Somewhere deep down,I eventually hope it does happen for her because to have so much love for someone whom you never knew but left you with a deep wound,I guess it has to be sincere .Well out of the 7 million people around the world,seems like he is the only one that caught her eye.

   Stay tuned to know who this friend of mine is.

© 2017 Prasena


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on September 13, 2017
Last Updated on September 13, 2017

Author

Prasena
Prasena

Subang jaya, SELANGOR, Malaysia



About
20 year old medical student Literature Enthusiast more..