'' The Hall of Tears ''

'' The Hall of Tears ''

A Poem by Dwayne J. Keeves
"

Everyone has one.

"
If the hands of time could be turned back; how far would you dare go?
In every age of time, life's tears from your past yet chase after you.
Remember, when he broke your heart, on the day you loved him best?

Looking back in time, I do see an empty space. Space where at some
point, there must have hung a life telling frame.
A reminder, of a thing that once upon a season, memories lingered
strong.

Perhaps, the lost of a loved one, a crushing broken heart. Maybe even
someone's uncalled for deeds. A bitter taste was left with you.
After all, is said and done for closure sake, good or bad.
Take your stand in life's ''Hall of Tears ''

© 2017 Dwayne J. Keeves


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed the read but personally I try to concentrate my efforts to remembering the smiles and the good times because life is too short to hold onto troubles and sadness. I confront it then let it go. I lost my brother the same night my daughter was born (a car wreck)...and I left my newborn at home with her mom as I made the journey to say goodbye to a wonderful brother and friend. I think of him often and read his letters and postcards but I don't grieve but rather remember his laughter and the good times we shared. He would want it that way. And he would want me to be happy for my little girl, not mourning over him. So while I have shed tears in life and lost many people I love, including my mother and father...I don't dwell in the "hall of tears". I live in the temple of love and light. Bless.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Dwayne J. Keeves

6 Years Ago

Very beautiful. I'm so sorry for your lost Sir. Yet am I pleased that you have rose above the hurt a.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 20, 2017
Last Updated on September 20, 2017

Author

Dwayne J. Keeves
Dwayne J. Keeves

Camden, AR



About
Lives in Arkansas.I'm a brick and block layer of 25 years. I also pastor two local churches in my area. I enjoy writing, reading, fishing and metal detecting. The father of four girls and one newly bo.. more..

Writing