Can God really make a way where there seems to be no way?

Can God really make a way where there seems to be no way?

A Story by Precious Prodigal
"

April 8, 2014: Can God really make a way where there seems to be no way? Please SHARE this new Precious Prodigal Post: http://bit.ly/1sxDM6B

"
Isaiah 43:29 "Behold, I will do a new thing…I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert."

Hezekiah was a great king and a good and godly man, but now he was "sick unto death." (2 Kings 20:1) Being great or powerful or even being godly does not exempt us from trouble. Sickness comes, spouses are unfaithful, marriages fail, kids go astray…plus a host of other things I haven’t listed. And death comes to all of us. So it isn’t whether bad things are going to happen. They are. It’s a question of how we’re going to handle those bad things when they do happen.

Hezekiah wept, and there’s nothing wrong with grieving our losses or hurts. But he also prayed. And so should we. Bible scholars believe Hezekiah’s “sickness unto death” happened either before or at the very beginning of the Assyrian invasion into Judah. This means that God’s promise of deliverance for Jerusalem against all odds came before the Assyrians began to surround that great city.

Hezekiah put on sackcloth and went to God’s house…he even sent word to Isaiah, asking him to pray. But he did it knowing he was praying to the God who keeps His promises and cannot fail. The outcome was settled before the Assyrians loaded up the chariots. God wasn’t taken by surprise. He had everything under control. And He has your situation and mine under control as well.

But I can’t see any way out of this wilderness! I know you can’t, and sometimes neither can I. You may feel overwhelmed. So do I…at least sometimes, and our feelings are certainly valid. However, our feelings often have very little to do with our circumstances and everything to do with our focus. And they have absolutely nothing to do with the reality that God is able to make a way where there seems to be no way.

I don’t know what heartache you are facing today or what your circumstances are. But I do know that God is greater than your heartache and greater than your circumstances. You may be longing for Him to fix or give you back the “old thing.” But He’s got something better for you. He’s going to do a new thing, and that new thing is going to be a way in the wilderness where you thought there was no way. And in the meantime, He’s not going to give you springs of refreshing in that wilderness…He’s going to pour out rivers of it!

You may need to take a break and rest your spirit. It may be that the best you can do right now is to keep putting one foot in front of another. Perhaps that “river of water” is only enough at the moment to give you the strength and courage to get out of bed and face the day. That’s ok. Where you are right now in your pain may be where you need to be. I would simply ask you to remember that God’s going to make a way where you can see no way. That’s a promise to you and to me by the God who cannot fail and does not lie.

Challenge for Today: Can you, just for today, rest in God’s promise that He has a plan and will make a way in your wilderness?

© 2014 Precious Prodigal


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats