Can God still use my life when my heart is broken?

Can God still use my life when my heart is broken?

A Story by Precious Prodigal
"

Today's Precious Prodigal's Post = http://bit.ly/1Jjr4TC Title: Can God still use my life when my heart is broken? #itsnotaboutyou #IcantGodcan

"
Today's Precious Prodigal's Post = http://bit.ly/1Jjr4TC
Title: Can God still use my life when my heart is broken?
#itsnotaboutyou #IcantGodcan
Like what you see?
Please "Like" & "Share" with your online friends.
Want to read more? Go To: preciousprodigal.com
- - - - -
Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

The prophet Jeremiah knew that God both knew him and had chosen him for a purpose before he was formed in his mother’s womb. (Jer 1:5) Isaiah said the same thing about God’s call on his life and made it even more personal by saying, “…from my mother’s womb he has spoken my name.” (Isa 49:1) Paul too knew that he was set apart for a purpose before he was born. (Gal 1:15)

If God had a plan for their lives, I can say with absolute certainty that He also has a plan and purpose for your life and mine, and it’s our job to fulfill that purpose. To ignore or abandon that calling of God in our lives is not an option even when our hearts are broken. It’s easy to forget that God has a plan and to lose our focus when someone we love is breaking our hearts, isn’t it?

Recently, my own prodigal again brought the world crashing down around our family. When I shared my heartbreak with a friend, she quietly listened and even put her arms around me and let me cry. However, when I told her I couldn’t even write, she wouldn’t accept that and told me “quitting” was not an option.

I was crushed, and I tearfully told her, “I have nothing to give anyone right now.” Before she could even respond, the Holy Spirit spoke gently to my heart and reminded me I never did have anything to give.

You see, like the little boy with a few loaves and two fishes (Luke 9:16), I have a small gift God can use…the ability to write. However, if those words touch someone’s heart, that doesn’t come from me; it only comes from God, “who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.” (2 Cor 1:4)

Writing the words that comfort and encourage others is God’s plan and calling for my life, and the gifts and calling of God are without repentance, so I can’t quit or give up. And neither can you…even if your heart is broken, even if your spouse walked away, even if you have received that dreaded diagnosis.

God uses broken things and broken people to accomplish His purpose. And if God has called you and me to do a work for Him, He hasn’t done that by accident. I don’t like my circumstances right now, and I’d be lying if I told you I did. But I believe with all my heart that God will use those circumstances somehow for His glory and my good if I let Him.

The key is whether I will let Him…whether you will let Him. For me, for today, quitting is not an option…no matter what the world throws at me. How about you? Are you totally overwhelmed by your circumstances? Are you ready to throw up your hands and quit?   It’s not an option. God’s got this…He really does…whatever “this” might be, and He will use you and me and our broken hearts to fulfill His purpose for His glory and our good. When you and I can’t see God’s hand, we can trust His heart.

Challenge for Today: What might happen if we, just for today, remembered God has a purpose for our life and for every circumstance we face?

© 2015 Precious Prodigal


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I loved this!!! You mentioned that your calling for your life is to comfort and encourage people, and you have definitely done that with me!! I loved how you said,"the Holy Spirit spoke gently to my heart and reminded me I never did have anything to give." So true!! Sometimes I feel that we get so caught up in what our gifts are and how we use them to help us achieve great things, we forget where the gifts came from and what they are supposed to be used for. God gave us all gifts, wonderful gifts, but the gifts aren't for ourselves, but for the benefit of His kingdom!!!

I also loved "God uses broken things and broken people to accomplish His purpose". So true again!! So many times people believe that they have to be perfect in order to accomplish God's purpose for their lives, but that is such a lie! Looking at Scripture, we know that God used some pretty messed up people to accomplish His will!

Loved this! Thanks so much for sharing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Precious Prodigal

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words.
I TRY TO post fairly regularly.
Please like and share m.. read more



Reviews

I loved this!!! You mentioned that your calling for your life is to comfort and encourage people, and you have definitely done that with me!! I loved how you said,"the Holy Spirit spoke gently to my heart and reminded me I never did have anything to give." So true!! Sometimes I feel that we get so caught up in what our gifts are and how we use them to help us achieve great things, we forget where the gifts came from and what they are supposed to be used for. God gave us all gifts, wonderful gifts, but the gifts aren't for ourselves, but for the benefit of His kingdom!!!

I also loved "God uses broken things and broken people to accomplish His purpose". So true again!! So many times people believe that they have to be perfect in order to accomplish God's purpose for their lives, but that is such a lie! Looking at Scripture, we know that God used some pretty messed up people to accomplish His will!

Loved this! Thanks so much for sharing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Precious Prodigal

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words.
I TRY TO post fairly regularly.
Please like and share m.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
1 Review
Added on June 24, 2015
Last Updated on June 24, 2015