Why should I do right when no one else is?

Why should I do right when no one else is?

A Story by Precious Prodigal
"

Today's Precious Prodigal's Post = http://bit.ly/1FOMIHC #dojustly #trustGod Like what you see? Please "Like" & "Share" with your online friends. Want to read more? Go To: preciousprodigal.com

"
Today's Precious Prodigal's Post = http://bit.ly/1FOMIHC
Title: Why should I do right when no one else is?
#dojustly #trustGod
Like what you see?
Please "Like" & "Share" with your online friends.
Want to read more? Go To: preciousprodigal.com
- - - - -
Micah 6:8 “…what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly…”

I didn’t need a Supreme Court decision to convince me our nation is in trouble. In fact, our pastor recently counted the families in our small church who are struggling with sickness, financial, or family issues. The total was more than 20, and those are only the ones he knows about.

But I didn’t need to hear that to be convinced. Did you? We know we’re in trouble when our lives are upside down and our hearts filled with fear. So what are we to do when our lives are in chaos, and it seems like no one is trying to do what’s right?

If you’re like me and other people who love a prodigal, you have probably been trying for a very long time. You may even have begun asking yourself why you should keep on trying to do the right thing. Why should we keep trying to do what’s right in our family when it seems like no one else is and when there seems to be no hope?

Those are fair questions, right? But the short answer is that God requires us to do the right thing regardless of what anyone else does or how weary we are, and that is reason enough. (Micah 6:8) The first part of our text verse tells us God has shown us “what is good.” And He has. If the only thing God had done for you or me was to send His Son to die for our sins, that would have been enough. But He’s done so much more, and He promises so much more.

We can never judge a circumstance objectively while we’re in the middle of it. We can only see its significance by looking back. When I look back on the path I’ve already walked in this journey of a broken heart, I see the tears I’ve cried and the sleepless nights. We don’t forget those things easily, do we? But I also see God’s hand.

I’m sometimes astounded at the situations people survive and how those very situations caused them to grow. It’s only in looking back that we see how God sent a friend with an encouraging word or a preacher with a message of hope just when we needed it. Seeing that God helped me in the past gives me courage and faith to trust Him with my present circumstances.

I know you’re tired. I am too. But God has said, “…let us not be weary in well doing” and He has promised that we will “reap in due season if we faint not.” (Gal 6:9) If we need a reminder that God keeps His promises, we only need to look around us. His promise is in every raindrop that falls and in every flower that blooms because of that rain. His faithfulness can be seen in the dawning of each day that comes after every midnight hour and in the rainbows that follow each storm. His tender care is obvious with each new baby’s cry and the mother’s arms that reach for that newborn child.

It might be easy to justify the things we do when we love a prodigal. However, that prodigal or the friends who co-sign on our foolishness aren’t the ones we’re accountable to. That would be our faithful God who calls on us to be faithful as well, regardless of the circumstances. Bob Jones Sr. said it beautifully: “Do right though the stars fall. Do right.” It’s a call to action: Do right.

Challenge for Today: What might happen if we, just for today, did what was right just because it was right and left the results with a God who knows better than we do?

© 2015 Precious Prodigal


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats