Who Do You Think You Are?

Who Do You Think You Are?

A Poem by Addie
"

Yeah, once again I'm frusrtated with everyone. I like how being pissed off at people is my poetry theme!

"

Do you think you're better than me?

Do you think that just because you can befriend everyone, that makes me a worse person?

Do you think you possess more talent than I ever will?

Do you think you're so much better because you get everything you want?

Do you think you're have so much more fashion sense than everyone else and they should take a tip from you and only you?

Do you think you are so much smarter than I am?

Do you think you deserve everyones attention?

Do you really think you have control over everyone and everything?

Do you think you are the one and only?

Do you think you can just push everyone aside?

Do you think everyone should attend to you and your problems?

 

Well I think you need to take a good, hard look at yourself and smack yourself back to reality.

 

My final question for you is:

Who do you think you are exactly?

 

My question for anyone else reading this piece is:

Do you see what I have to deal with?!

 

 

© 2010 Addie


Author's Note

Addie
I had some typing issues when I was typing this out so just ignore those. Rate and review please! =)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

clarification on last review- not that i think it has to grow into something longer/larger- something other than it is, but i could see this morphing in to a very funny monologue if you told some of the story and let the reader get those "whoa- you did not just say that" kind of moments too... just a thought...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I can definitely relate to this. I've felt those things and I get where you're coming from. I also think that "Jezabel's Theory" is right; I could see this as a really great monologue. Anyway, I think this is really great and a lot of people will be able to relate to this. Really nice job on this! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sometimes, we just have to rant and rave and sometimes poetry is the best way to do it. I've been here. I AM here, actually, and I could completely relate. I think we all can or have been able to at some point in our lives.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

clarification on last review- not that i think it has to grow into something longer/larger- something other than it is, but i could see this morphing in to a very funny monologue if you told some of the story and let the reader get those "whoa- you did not just say that" kind of moments too... just a thought...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I had friends like this when I was in High School- unfortunately I think its par for the course as we all try on differnt personas hoping to find something that sticks. But the first step away from that is exactly what you're doing- questioning the validity of such and egocentric worldview....
question- is this just a rant or are you wantig to build this out into something larger?

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Do you think you posess more talent than I ever will?
possess you wrote posess
My final question for is: missing the word 'you'

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

422 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 6, 2010
Last Updated on September 7, 2010

Author

Addie
Addie

Whoville, OH



About
Hi There. I'm Addie and I really didn't like my old "About Me" section so now I need to re-write it. This is the temporary one. I'm seventeen, I love dance, drama club means the world to me, and anyth.. more..

Writing