The Floribunda roses.

The Floribunda roses.

A Story by Sarah Drozdz

The perfume of the Floribunda roses takes me back in time to a transitory evocation of the long summers behind me. I halt by the flower bush and take in their omnipresence, the vast beauty of their apricot hues. How proud they seem to catch one's eye and to distract from the throngs of a Monday morning. 
 The muggy heat presses in on me, my floppy hat cocooning my head in warm sweat. I long await the welcoming scarlet and tangerine of the horizon, ushering in the sweet relief of the cool night air. For now the sun in all her glory is trapped by the narrow streets as I walk on by the glowing street corner lit up by flashing neon signs screaming consumerism and easy money. I tilt my head toward the sky and imagine a bright July moon and fireworks dancing high in the sky, sweetly anticipating the sunlit evenings where eventually the rich jasmines sweeten the night air, swooning me into a summer romance.
 The freckles on my face become like a field of wildflowers and I watch my feet move with the pavement as I wear my  favorite mustard colored shoes. Rhythmically I pass waving strangers and sense the narration of my feet. I am the movement for which passers by document, the chasing pupils frantically moving with the brisk changes in direction. 
 Finally, the summer breeze carries me away before the shade steals me away from the sun. I observe with admiration, everything around me from the flushing cheeks under catacomb umbrella swirls to the clinking glasses with their oh si parfait lime wedges. My mind moves away from the awe of the city and towards visions of Montauk picket fences with their wilting peonies, Gosammer curtains half drawn. I can taste the American Dream as if it were sizzling on my tongue, anything to molt out of the decaying shell that is my past. 

© 2014 Sarah Drozdz


Author's Note

Sarah Drozdz
Ignore any grammar mistakes ( if any).

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed reading this! It has some really compelling movement in it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sarah Drozdz

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much! I am so pleased that you enjoyed this snippet of writing.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
1 Review
Added on August 21, 2014
Last Updated on August 21, 2014
Tags: roses creativestory thoughts emo

Author

Sarah Drozdz
Sarah Drozdz

New york, us



About
Biocilium It is a FDA grasped technique to treat varying hair issues utilizing one stage. This executive is to an awesome degree obliging to restore the sit out of apparatus follicles, which sit clos.. more..

Writing