Summer's demise.

Summer's demise.

A Story by Sarah Drozdz

As each day crosses off in our calenders, we fight to salvage the last scraps of sunshine before winter slowly creeps in, awaiting summer's demise and moving into our breathless lungs. The Dog Days are soon over and the mason jars once brimming with sweet iced tea at summer soirees merely sit upon shelves, suffocated by the scalding cold. The golden childhood days soon abate, the days that were measured in gallons of lake water pouring from our skin and how many elephants we could count in the evening clouds. 
 The warmth crashes into a state of darkness, like a smashed window spilling spots of sunshine onto our bedroom floors. We wash away the sea salt from our flaxen hair, the sun cream nestled in the crooks of our ears, and trace the smattering of freckles adorning our skin which remain a permanent reminder of what has been and who we really are.We lick the essence of Prosciutto and mozzarella from our lips, squirming at the last taste of pesto aioli and Sauvignon Blanc and finally lay under those last scraps of sun listening to a sighing sea. 

© 2014 Sarah Drozdz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

amazing write!!!! I love your word choice and the way you lay out your ideas. an absolute delightful read.

Posted 9 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ANM
A lovely vivid portrayal of holding on to the last summer sun..... Nice writing!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sarah Drozdz

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much!
ANM

9 Years Ago

You are very welcome!
Once the page of a calendar is turned, it's no more..tell me then what was it for? Totally beautiful work

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sarah Drozdz

9 Years Ago

Are you asking me what my piece was written for? Enlighten me. Thank you very much!
Zakari Schmidt

9 Years Ago

Just pondering perceptions of time and the changing of seasons lol I can be random. You're very welc.. read more
I really enjoyed reading this. You put things in such a beautifully, flowing way. You did a good job writing this!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sarah Drozdz

9 Years Ago

I'm very touched by your comment on my work, thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed reading this piece and .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 21, 2014
Last Updated on August 21, 2014
Tags: sea beach memories salvaging

Author

Sarah Drozdz
Sarah Drozdz

New york, us



About
Biocilium It is a FDA grasped technique to treat varying hair issues utilizing one stage. This executive is to an awesome degree obliging to restore the sit out of apparatus follicles, which sit clos.. more..

Writing