A Sunday Evening

A Sunday Evening

A Story by Pretty Girl
"

Just another Sunday evening, but why did it feel so strange? Pieces were being put together, and things started to make sense. It all started, with the last house on the left.

"

It was just a normal Sunday evening, tomorrow would be school and just like that the week would begin again. Mom and dad were out grocery shopping and it didn’t really come to my concern that I was home alone. Our neighborhood was fairly peaceful was well. Everyone knew each other and we came and go as we pleased. Except for the last house on the left, it was rumored that the people who lived there were very dangerous. 


But those we’re only rumors, I had met them very many times. They were just a old couple, Mr and Mrs. Peterson. They had a son as well, though no one has ever seen him. 


I snapped the book that I was reading shut, and went downstairs to find something to eat in the fridge. It was about 5 pm, so I was starting to get really hungry. 


Thats funny, mom or dad must’ve left the bathroom light on.” I walked across to the bathroom and switched the light off, took a deep breath and continued my walk to the fridge.


No one had even known that the Peterson’s had a son, up until last year when Mrs. Daniels, another old woman who lived across the street from us , made a fuss about it. Mrs. Daniels was known to overreact for the littlest things, she wasn’t the nicest person in the world and no one really liked her in our neighborhood.


She had claimed that he resembled a criminal that had run away from Washington. We were all the way in California, so that was highly unlikely. Still though, the picture she handed out to everyone, did resemble him.

Unfortunately, about two weeks later, Mrs. Daniels was found dead in her home, it had seemed like she had drowned in her bathtub. We felt bad for her, but we weren’t surprised, she was almost eighty and was living alone. Accidents happen.


I had pulled out a piece of cheese from the fridge, and was lightly chewing on it. I heard a couple of knocks on the front door, and had presumed mom and dad were back. 


Hello?” I had opened the door and no one was there, weird.. I was starting to get really creeped out now. Maybe I was hearing things, mom always lectured me about how I should sleep earlier.


Anyways, the first time I had actually seen the Peterson’s son with my own eyes, was about six months ago. I had learnt that his name was Tommy Peterson, he was in his thirties and he didn’t talk much.


I figured this out, thanks to my aunt Mariam Goldstein. She was looking into what Mrs. Daniels had been previously bothered about. She was in town for about two days, and while she was here, all she did was investigate Tommy Peterson. 


The next morning, we found her unconscious in her bed. At the hospital, she was pronounced dead, from the lack of air. The doctors had declared it suicide, I couldn’t believe that. My aunt who had been so focused on making the world a better place, would commit suicide? It didn’t add up.


I had decided that I was going to watch some TV now, but the TV wouldn’t turn on. I tried again and again but it wouldn’t turn on..


Then the lights went out.


AH!” I screamed on the top of my lungs, in a matter of seconds the light switched back on and there stood my parents.


Alyssa? What are you doing?” My dad raised a brow, I took a deep breath and sighed.


Sorry dad, just a little edgy.” 


Then from the corner of my eye, I saw a figure standing across our house, staring directly at us. A car passed by, and I blinked and the figure was gone.


Two days later, the Peterson’s moved out of there house. 

�"

© 2011 Pretty Girl


Author's Note

Pretty Girl
I am looking for someone to help edit my stories, please inbox me if you are able to do that and I'll promise I will add you to the credits.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

nice story.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
1 Review
Added on March 2, 2011
Last Updated on March 2, 2011

Author

Pretty Girl
Pretty Girl

Canada



About
Writing is a way for me to express myself. Its a way for me too escape and vent about life. Originally I started with fanfiction, and eventually I just grew onto doing my own stories. If someone could.. more..

Writing