Pokemon at Work

Pokemon at Work

A Story by Saya Marie Vandiesmonte
"

Just something out of the spur of the moment

"
I sighed as I worked on stocking the front wall as there was no one in yet. Me and my friend get to work early to help get stuff set up if need be. We have a bunch of close friends here at the store but one had the day off and the other was upset about something again. Pachirisu squeaks to get my attention from watching a drug deal going down outside of the store so that I will not go and stop the people from doing that in front of the store and possibly getting shot in the process.

I look down and rub her head with a gentle smile and take the next item she was handing me and put it on the shelf with a sigh as my right shoulder and left knee had been giving me fits all week. I had twisted my ankle on my left leg and had a metal bed frame dropped on my foot so it was no wonder I was having trouble with it. I finally finish with part of the wall and pick up the crate I had brought of the item I was currently restocking as Pachirisu runs up on my shoulders and rides there with her tail wrapped around my neck.

I smile as Jean rushes over to help as my shoulder was about to give away along with my left wrist which had been broken from a roller skating accident a couple of years ago that left little to no strength in my wrist.

“You know better than to be picking that up with your wrist giving you fits!” Jean fussed taking the crate from me and walked back to the back with me.

“Really, Jean, you worry too much about it. It always hurts to some degree stop spazzing on me today just because A.C.’s bosses are coming in.” I say knowing how important the evaluation is to the store.

“If they think we are worrying about your wrist then they could shut us down and everyone would be out of a job.” Jean said for the third time in the past fifteen minutes. I sigh with a smile and just shake my head getting a heavier one while she is babbling on heading back up to the front to continue my job.

I hum the song, ‘I Made It’ by Kevin Rudolf. Pachirisu hisses as the man that made the drug deal walked in and looked around before watching me closely. I ignore him as I was taught while Pachirisu helps me put the next items up still watching the guy closely in case she had to bolt for help from Sara or Jean one. I told her under no circumstances was she to get any one but those two unless Tracy is around.

It’s not that I do not like the others working but I don’t want to bother them more than necessary. Most of them ignore me since I am a lot like Sara used to be when she first started working here. Pachirisu hisses and sparks fly from her cheeks as the man quickly turns around and walks away from where we are. “Pachirisu, stop that this is not the day for you to be acting up like this.” I say and pet her head gently smiling. I look up to see A.C. talking to the man as the guy points back towards me and Pachirisu. “Looks like we are in for it again.” I say with a sigh as A.C. says something and the man walks away from him seeing to be pacified for now.

“How are you today, Amber?” A.C. said when he walked over to me.

“I am fine how are you today?” I ask with a kind smile I always have towards him.

“I am good but it seems that your Pachirisu has threatened a customer.” A.C. said looking at her with a disappointed look on his face.

“I really am sorry about that, my wrist is giving me fits again and she knows I can’t defend myself when it is giving me problems. I promise I will keep her under control.” I say with a nervous laugh.

“See that it doesn’t happen again or she is gone.” A.C. said then walked off to go check on the produce and deli departments.

“That was close. You have to behave or you can’t come back with me.’’ I say looking down at the little pokemon with a gentle smile. Pachirisu smiles and rubs against my hand gently. I smile and finish working on the shelf and continue to work around the store as I had to work on the box crusher this time since they banned Sara from working it. I sing the song Battlefield by Jordan Sparks while working with a smile.
Pachirisu squeaks running around the store behind me as I rush to get everything done as A.C. starts to freak out with his bosses almost arriving.

“A.C. calm down everything will be perfect!” I call working on helping Jean get everything restocked and heading back to my register. I sing lightly while checking out customers hearing Clyde and Sara arguing again as I get along with my register. I look up still singing while seeing Chandelure scaring some kids and shaking in mid air meaning that he is laughing. “CHANDELURE!” I call as he jerks up right. “Now is not the time to play with the customers. This is a really important visit to the store!” I say and put Pachirisu down as she runs over and purrs rubbing against the two children’s legs gently as they stop sniffling and pet her.

I then continue to check people out as Chandelure blazes up not happy that he had to stop his fun because of some people coming to the store. Pachirisu sparks some as the kids laugh and scream laughing running towards the cash register where their moms are. I laugh gently at Pachirisu as she runs over and climbs up my baggy clothes and wraps around my shoulders watching the children. I sing louder as the kids listen with smiles as I turn on a really hyper song putting down Pachirisu as the kids run in front of the register as Pachirisu runs around in a circle and just dances while they laugh and join in.

“See you don’t have to be scary.’’ I say seeing the reflection of Chandelure on the screen of my register.

“Amber! What are you doing!?!” A.C. said in a frantic voice watching the kids and Pachirisu.

“They are just having fun A.C. Calm down the kids love it and so does Pachirisu, besides you said to keep her out of trouble and I am.” I say with the same mischievous smile I always wear when I do something like this. A.C. growls looking at me then shakes his head and goes to check on other things.

“He sure is up tight.” I say as Chandelure rocks back and forth in the form of a nod. I shake my head and continue to check people out when the bosses come in. I whistle loudly as A.C. rushes up to the front to greet them laughing nervously as they watch the children and Pachirisu play.

“Interesting.” One of the bosses said watching still slightly confused and very interested in adding a play area for the children as their parents shop using the employees’ pokemon to entertain the children. I whistle lightly as Pachirisu rushes over with the children following closely behind her. I put the kids on the counter beside me and get them to help put up the items that their parents have gotten. I turn down the music and put my ear plugs in and listen as the kids laugh having fun.

I smile at how innocent they are and hope they never lose this innocence. “Never lose this innocence kids.” I say as they get down and help put the bags in the cart and leave asking for pokemon of their own as well that are just like Pachirisu. I turn off the small cd player I have and hook up my ipod so that I can keep working on the go while listening to music humming as the bosses get ready to leave and nod watching everyone who seems on edge even the pokemon seem on edge. Well except for one human and two pokemon.

The very thought of Amber, Pachirisu, and Chandelure being nervous about something was a very funny thought to most. Since Chandelure can scare most people, Amber is very hyper and blunt, and Pachirisu is well Pachirisu. The three most unlikely friends had become the best of friends though the adventure these four people will go through will be even more amazing.

© 2012 Saya Marie Vandiesmonte


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The story is very interesting, and has a lot of potential, but I told you I'd give a critique, so I will.

First off, it's a cute story, but there's a lot of run-on's I caught in there. It made it a little hard to follow. Shorten your sentences and add semi-colons or comma/conjunctions like we learned in English and you'll do great.

Second, make sure to keep the characters in character. I've known AC for a while, and he doesn't get that irritated over much, or panic ever ever EVER. If you ever have questions about characters, please ask me, especially if they are my own like Chandelure, or people I know, like Jean and AC. I don't mind answering questions about them and helping you.

The overall story is really adorable and extremely creative for a one shot, just mind those two things I told you about above. Keep practicing, and I promise you'll improve. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Saya Marie Vandiesmonte

11 Years Ago

Thank you boo!



Reviews

I really like this Pokemon story since it is unique and entertaining! I hope you write more to it!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Saya Marie Vandiesmonte

11 Years Ago

Awh thank you so much, sorry it took so long to get back to you
PrincessZeldaWannabe

11 Years Ago

You're fine! :)
The story is very interesting, and has a lot of potential, but I told you I'd give a critique, so I will.

First off, it's a cute story, but there's a lot of run-on's I caught in there. It made it a little hard to follow. Shorten your sentences and add semi-colons or comma/conjunctions like we learned in English and you'll do great.

Second, make sure to keep the characters in character. I've known AC for a while, and he doesn't get that irritated over much, or panic ever ever EVER. If you ever have questions about characters, please ask me, especially if they are my own like Chandelure, or people I know, like Jean and AC. I don't mind answering questions about them and helping you.

The overall story is really adorable and extremely creative for a one shot, just mind those two things I told you about above. Keep practicing, and I promise you'll improve. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Saya Marie Vandiesmonte

11 Years Ago

Thank you boo!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 5, 2012
Last Updated on December 5, 2012
Tags: pokemon one shot Saya Pachirisu

Author

Saya Marie Vandiesmonte
Saya Marie Vandiesmonte

Laurel, MS



About
HEY MY NAME IS SAYA MARIE VANDIESMONTE! Yes I know a mouthful. I am a very creepy young girl when you manage to get inside my mind and look around which not many people try to do.... I wonder why more..

Writing