Choosing Prior Authorization Service Partner – Four Things to Remember

Choosing Prior Authorization Service Partner – Four Things to Remember

A Story by John Carter
"

Prior authorization is a technique for minimizing costs, wherein benefits are only paid if the medical care has been pre-approved by the insurance company.

"
There are many of organizations providing prior authorization services in the healthcare industry. Some of them provide automated prior authorization services and the rest still believe in the manual process. We all know the manual process consumes a lot of valuable time and resources of the providers i.e. the hospitals, physician’s office, clinics etc. Not only that, it takes up time and resources of the payers as well.

There are more than a few reasons why one should find better prior authorization service partner. However, today we will discuss four most important points you should consider while choosing a partner of prior authorization service:

Easy on The Pocket: There are a lot of expenses coupled with resolving payment issues and claims to process. In fact, according to a survey done by the American Medical Association, more than one-third of medical practitioners have dedicated staffs for working on prior authorization. This costs a lot of money.  On the other hand, with an automated solution; providers can lower the risk of claims being denied and increase their reimbursements.

Focus on Patient-Care: Be it an individual or an organization, for a medical practitioner, the focus area should be the patients. If your time and other resources are spent on resolving payment issues and claims processing, your real job gets hampered. According to a report by the American Hospital Association, generally, 10-20 hours per week is spent on recovering claim denials and prior authorization procedures if done manually. But with the automated prior authorization service, it can be reduced to approximately 20 minutes per transaction.

Specialized Prior Authorization Service: Another major feature to better prior authorization service is finding a partner that understands the claims adjudication priorities of the payers. A specialized medical billing company will offer an outstanding extension to a medical practice’s existing operations. Another important condition for a powerful prior authorization service provider is to secure payments.

Remain Competitive: As the healthcare industry is approaching toward complete adoption of electronic prior authorization service, it's very important for providers to keep up with their competitors, designate efficiency and pace. Additionally, new federal actions and administration mandates will ultimately demand an up-gradation to automated pre-authorization a prerequisite.

100% HIPAA Compliance: The best part of working with a dynamic revenue cycle management partner is it will address the eligibility verification and authorization process with 100% HIPAA compliance. To get fast and prompt the first time PA requests, it is important today to combine robust processes with an expert team of medical billers that completely demystify practice management challenges.

Reducing in-house billing costs and improving on prior authorization priorities will ultimately depend on a powerful and proactive prior authorization service. PriorAuth Online, the proprietary platform of Sun Knowledge, provides an end-to-end prior authorization service to its clients " both the payers as well as the providers. Moreover,

We provide most accurate checks and balances, 99% overall accuracy
We are the best service provider with the cheapest rate. Yes, only $5 per authorization
We have the experience to serve more than 100 DME clients
Excellent referrals
We have dedicated managers with experienced team for fastest service
We have no hidden cost

Do you need more clarity on prior authorization services? You can also reach us by mail or simply drop your query on our website i.e.

© 2017 John Carter


Author's Note

John Carter

The author of this article writes blogs and articles on healthcare related topics e.g. prior authorization services, online prior authorization, prior authorization process and its request etc.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on September 21, 2017
Last Updated on September 21, 2017
Tags: Prior Authorization Services, Prior Authorization, Online Prior Authorization, Medical Billing, PA Request, Electronic Prior Authorization