World Gone to Pieces.

World Gone to Pieces.

A Story by Priyanka Natesh
"

She is a bit like me,struggling to live in a scary world.

"
She was an angel. A beautiful little child, envied and loved. Just a six year old, but she stood out of her crowd. She was kind and helpful, was voted the class monitor every term, topped her class, had proud parents... in short, a very flexible mound of clay, moulded by people she never knew. She played boyfriend-girlfriend with Barbies, gazed at the clock for hours musing at the importance the adults gave to that stupid, clockwork machine. She was shy and honest, a perfect sweetheart for those 'idealistic' grown ups...
 And then she started to grow up. 
She was ten when she told her first lie. Oh the joy of the first lie! It was simple and easy and imaginative! She cooked up the most fabulous stories for saving the lie. She was happy. Slowly she knew fear, deception, hatred, greed and her insides were transforming rapidly. Also she learned to mask her identity with the saint like exterior throughout. Nobody knew her reality, while she rotted inside. For her family and others around, she was still the wide eyed darling, who needed company to walk to the loo. She didn't realize that her changes were bad. She was like a Gemini, who didn't know what her left hand was doing. She led multiple lives...pretend lives. She was sixteen when she fell prey to the ultimate evil-she fell in love. Or so she thought. The queen of fantasy worlds, she always had a distinct understanding about people and the future. Her naivety led to her downfall. The boy took advantage, she gave in. She cried, she thought of suicide, but her conscience still had a trace of life and she survived. The horrendous times were yet to begin. Her mask slowly disintegrated..sometimes torn off. And she was left bleeding, half naked, bumping into pointed icicles, not knowing who she was. With nobody to turn to, nobody to understand, she plummeted down an endless abyss. She felt no point in living and sought solace in nature and books. The princess that she was before gave way to a ragged servant, the clay dried and dropping off. It took her several months to regain self esteem,and she woke up from her nightmare, much wiser and stronger, but still surrounded by versions of Voldemort and Bin Laden. She shut her heart though and raised her gates up high, learnt to stay aloof and away from emotion. 
She was from another time..a time where trust and love existed, where they meant what they said and understood and grew wise. It wasn't her fault. People are bad. But a vestige of hope still remains and she looks down sunny roads of the future, of love and happiness and people worth belonging to.

© 2013 Priyanka Natesh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like it .. this story has a lot of meanings and lesson's for the readers ,,
The story it's kind sad becouse she learn how to lie coz of the people around her while she was such as angel ,, pure look, heart, thought and act ..

People really can effect on other's just by being who they are , bad or good ..
hopefully people can understand what they are doing and why ..

I loved it .. so keep writing .. ^_^

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is a very powerful story...unfortunately it is parallel to the lives of many people. I don't know why I connected with this piece so much...especially given the large similarities between both the character and her life (or are these synonymous in this instance...in every instance?) and I...maybe it's because I wear more of a mask than I thought I did...maybe I've worn a mask so long that I call such a veneer my visage.... I sure hope not! That's a pretty scary thought. : )

Interesting that you compared Voldemort and Bin Laden...

Great piece of writing; thanks a thousand and a half for giving the world this gift.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wonderfully crafted. I just love the way it unfolds.
A ray of hope in the end.
lovely!! :)


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
RG
Marvellous work !

Posted 12 Years Ago


Life is very hard. Poor woman need to be educated. I have three daughters. I taught to defend themselves and be careful. Hard to find hope when you are scare. Thank you for sharing a sad story. There was a little positive at the end. A excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

it reminded me of a graph of y=sin(x)...gracefully undulating like waves...happy then sad and happy again when you said a vestige of hope still remains...

Sombre and dark...a brilliant piece indeed...
Marvellous work Priyanka!


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

beautiful writing I enjoyed it !

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Life lessons bind you to your work, a detailed and relative meaning in this piece, well done

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can just summarize and say WOW for the way you've portrayed your emotions in this story... This is beautiful... And sad... This world forces so many of us to be this way, and lose the innocence we want to live in... Wonderful work...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good job..!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

391 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 27, 2011
Last Updated on June 27, 2013

Author

Priyanka Natesh
Priyanka Natesh

Hyderabad, India



About
Hello there! I'm Priyanka, a dreamer's soul, a Pisces incarnate ( ;) ), with endless aims and endless aspirations. I'm here to give a voice to my emotions, to get in touch with my true being, to me.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..