Look them in the eye

Look them in the eye

A Poem by Prodigo

My questions have been answered

I stand in line

To be among my men

To confess to no crime

I was the beginning

And will forever be the end

Look them in the eye

I will die just like them

I am guilty of the truth

Nothing more

Shots ring in the darkness

Bullet casings hit the floor

I hear nothing 

© 2009 Prodigo


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Eka
I think this poem would have been more powerful if you added a little punctuation here and there. Or, even, if you broke up the poem into stanza's. That would definitely give the poem more of a "bang." I also would suggest that the next to last line be changed from "shots ring in the darkness" to "shots ring out in the morning sun" or something akin to that. The reason is because if your looking your "killers" in the eye then it would have to be daylight, right? Other than those few miniscule problems I thought the overall poem was great! I loved the topic of the whole poem, it reminds me of the Holocaust or the Chinese genocide. Keep writing!
♥E

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really liked how your words makes the reader [me] see everything through your prespective. It had amazing imagery, and it was very intense!

I was the beginning

And will forever be the end

Look them in the eye

I will die just like them

That creates a rather morbid emotion but, it made me feel anxious because by that line I saw everything through the speaker's eyes, and when the "I will die just like them" line came up it hit me with this anxious kind of empty feeling almost. Keep up the brilliant work love!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This has a dark undertone and sadness to it. I really love the line "I am guilty of the truth..." You are very talented.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 19, 2009

Author

Prodigo
Prodigo

Victoria, TX



About
Bad art is tragically more beautiful than good art because it documents human failure. more..

Writing
Jim Jim

A Story by Prodigo