I Once Loved a Psychopath...

I Once Loved a Psychopath...

A Story by Psyche
"

My struggle with a man I consider my own pesonal Satan. If I am goodness personified then he is evil incarnate.

"

I'd say he was tall, but he wasn't. I could say he was devilishly handsome but that wouldn't be true. Oh! He was wickedly smart though, with a sly wit and style all his own. His freckle in his eye bewitched me. He was...my Satan. My own, personal, Satan. No one could get to do the things he did, and convince me that I wanted to do them all along. The drugs we'd do. The sexual acts he'd make seem exciting. I was intoxicated. He was drunk on my optimism and innocence. Struck by my own Shock and Awe, my refusal to give up on the human race. He craved my light, goodness, kindness. I was dazed and admittedly in love with his lack of care for anyone else but himself. Those crazy eyes would look at me, stare into my soul, and suddenly I'd be screaming, tearing into his body with a ferocity I've shown no other. How did he keep me when I knew, I felt, what we were doing was wrong on so many levels? Well he had a superhuman power- Logic. Anytime I was ready to leave him, anytime I was sure to put my foot down, I would not commit this sexual act...he'd start to out reason me, til all that I had clung to as my arguments were mere whispers of paper. But even though, I knew he could feel no love, for anyone. But I thought if I hugged him hard enough, long enough, my loving heat might melt the icicles that covered that damaged heart. But as I said before- He was Satan. He only allowed you as close as he wanted you to be, but never letting you all the way in. I knew he was danger when I first met him. I even pegged him as Satan when I started talking to him, "You know," I said with a smile that was only for him, "I have a feeling you'll be like my own personal Satan." He only smiled back. This tug of war, between light and dark, good and evil, male and female. Lasted for two years total. I finally realized that I could tell when he was lying, like I had been given the insight to his weakness, and I found out he lied about everything. Plus I was bored. I had learned all about him that I possibly could, and found that he was really weak in what made him put his heart behind iron clad doors. Still as hard as I tried to be away from him, he'd call every six months or so and we'd end back together, only for a night because his power wore off me the next day. The last time we were together though, he made a mistake. He told me that I couldn't be rid of him because I was addicted to him and would always come back in the end. It was like a spell broke, and I was free. It's been six months and like clockwork he called yesterday. I just sent him to my voicemail.

I thought I could change a psychopath. Only too late did I realize, he was the one changing me the whole time

© 2009 Psyche


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think my wife could realy relate to this. There is just something about us psychopath's ladies love us. Anyway I thought it was a very good story. Great job buddy.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
1 Review
Added on January 16, 2009

Author

Psyche
Psyche

Las Vegas, NV



About
Masters in Psych. and love to read and write. Started out with prose and poems and worked my way up to short stories. But now I am on the big ball, working on my first...well...I guess you could call .. more..

Writing