A Fathers Love

A Fathers Love

A Poem by Patrick O'Neil

I need to know? I need to remember, the bigger picture, of this hearts puzzle. Many pieces lost, long..long ago. I now must put back together. All I have now, just a few pieces bent and broken, memories. Pick them up, one by one, and then try, to make them fit. Was this the joy and laughter, over the smallest of things? No, it must have been, the pain and anger, over everything. Dig deeper, into the dark, maybe to find, the missing parts. There in the corners, concealed by stuff and dust. Sadly no, time has taken its cost. A fathers love, unknown, unseen. Just this thought and wish. How it could or should have been. All I have left now, pieces of three , bent, broken, bitter, memories. If only on that day, I was less proud, angry. Could we have parted friends? Now it pains me so, this last piece, to never know a fathers love.

© 2013 Patrick O'Neil


Author's Note

Patrick O'Neil
Personal look at what i never had.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can really relate with this.You pulled my heart. Your wording and showing of emotion is perfect. Well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Patrick O'Neil

10 Years Ago

Thank you. So glad you like it.
I felt a lot of emotion in this poem. I lost my dad about 10 years ago suddenly and you always think what if. I really did enjoy your writing keep it up!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Patrick O'Neil

10 Years Ago

Thank you, and sorry for your loss. And it is always that hunting question of "what if".

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 15, 2013
Last Updated on May 23, 2013

Author

Patrick O'Neil
Patrick O'Neil

Gauteng, South Africa



About
I am just an average man, with a normal live, and then suddenly i started writing poetry. Go figure??? I also post original rock style music on Sound Cloud, check it out if you are in to that sort .. more..

Writing