The One

The One

A Poem by Patrick O'Neil

You see them, out on the street, ragged coat, bear feet. They look with wanting eyes asking, something to eat. Will you, be the one? In hospital beds they lay near to death, alone they pray. No family, no friends alone they face the end. Will you, be the one? Old age homes, filled to the brim with people, long forgotten. They watch and wait, staring at the gate for their son's, and daughters. Will you, be the one? Who, among us, will be the one?? The one to share, just a drop from all their buckets of plenty. The one to be a friend in need in the darkest of man's hours. Who will be the one? The one, to not forget or forsake, to be a gift, and not just take. Is it you? is it me? Who, will it be? One by One, we all add together. and truly, time will test us all. Surely there will come a day, when you, will be ask to say. Yes I am, the one.

© 2013 Patrick O'Neil


Author's Note

Patrick O'Neil
Looking at the world where we are called to make a difference.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Who, among us, will be the one??
The one to share, just a drop from
all their buckets of plenty.
The one to be a friend in need
in the darkest of man's hours.

Who will be the one?
The one, to not forget or forsake,
to be a gift, and not just take."
A great message of love , compassion and sharing ...Thank you for penning...:)


Posted 10 Years Ago


Patrick O'Neil

10 Years Ago

Thank you.
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

My pleasure...:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
1 Review
Added on May 15, 2013
Last Updated on May 23, 2013

Author

Patrick O'Neil
Patrick O'Neil

Gauteng, South Africa



About
I am just an average man, with a normal live, and then suddenly i started writing poetry. Go figure??? I also post original rock style music on Sound Cloud, check it out if you are in to that sort .. more..

Writing