Regret

Regret

A Poem by Patrick O'Neil

I regret, that i saw you. I regret, we laughed and talked. I regret, i gave you flowers. I regret, the first kiss. I regret, that i asked you. I regret, you said yes. I regret, everything about you. Mostly i regret, the time, with you. For now, I miss you so. I regret, that i love you, more than my heart can hold. Now, you are gone, and i am still here. I so, so regret, i cannot, ever, hold you near.

© 2013 Patrick O'Neil


Author's Note

Patrick O'Neil
Bittersweet pain and longing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh this makes me want to cry! So much emotion! Well done! Love the repetition!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Patrick O'Neil

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much.
Oh wow how lovely and relate-able this is true of many relationships if you dont deal with the sadness first and you immediately turn it to anger I see regret creeping in as the last emotion. I was talking with a friend today and he said when he gets sad he turns it into anger but I say let the sadness happen move through it experience it even. Well written!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Patrick O'Neil

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for a great review. And you are so right.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 15, 2013
Last Updated on May 23, 2013

Author

Patrick O'Neil
Patrick O'Neil

Gauteng, South Africa



About
I am just an average man, with a normal live, and then suddenly i started writing poetry. Go figure??? I also post original rock style music on Sound Cloud, check it out if you are in to that sort .. more..

Writing