A Painful Thought

A Painful Thought

A Poem by Caleb

You know, I never really wanted to-

Come to terms and face my due.

Sure the signs were all around,

But that doesn't stop the tears from falling down.


I know, it doesn’t help to think on this

When I could be away in foolish bliss,

But all I think of is that one moment in time;

That was when I was supposed to shine.


But all the fears came flooding back,

Another chip, another crack.

You don’t see the full extent

Of how much I’ve caved and bent.


I know, I’m foolish to think I could;

You know, I never thought it would.

But some things never do change;

For how could I ever think this strange?


Someone like you, someone like me,

How could I ever think it could be?

Something more than what I hope,

But now I guess I’ll have to cope.

© 2016 Caleb


Author's Note

Caleb
Hi guys, I know I haven't really posted anything in a long time, but hopefully we can all start the weak off right with yet another painful reminder of how life can be so cruel and depressing. I do hope you will all enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Honestly this touched very close to home. At times life is cruel and timing is way beyond off. I enjoyed reading this it was really bittersweet for me. Great poem!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Caleb Hi. I'm in one of my browsing WC moments. I looked up 'friends' and after 2 or 3 looks that didn't fire me much, I landed on you and found this.

It hooked me, and I think it's something every single one of us goes through many many times. That moment when you think you screwed up, when the afterwards you looks back and chides yourself for such idiocy, moment of madness, moment of indecision, or whatever. We may even think it exposes us and that the outside world sees into some dark chasm that's the real us we've been hiding. And yet, take a look around at your friends, acquaintances, etc and think back a little. Pretty soon you'll recall a moment when X or Y did something very odd and not the sort of thing you'd expect from them. It happens. Our understanding of each other goes up a notch if we're observant, and becomes more multi-dimensional, but it's rarely the big moment game changer you might think it to be. Life has a habit of circling back, and as Doris Day once sang, Que sera sera - what will be will be.

As for the final verse, well that narrows the focus from what could have been almost any 'bad attack of stupid behaviour' down to one relating to a relationship. But the same applies, in my view. If it hadn't been whatever your glitch was, then it would have been something else. Either two people are well matched and aligned and have good chemistry or they don't. If they do, great. If they don't, then sooner or later something will reveal this. OK end of soap-box! As you say, in the end, you just gotta get on with living!

Nice job!

Regards
Nigel

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

447 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 18, 2016
Last Updated on July 18, 2016