Depression

Depression

A Poem by Alaska

Depression doesn’t always mean beautiful girls slitting their wrists.

It’s a glorified, heroic battle for sanity.

Sometimes depression means not going out for weeks because your heart and brain refuse to believe that they will not spontanioulsy combust upon the impact of others.

Sometimes depression means that summoning the will power to take longer than a moment while looking in the mirror, or even to do the dishes is the most impressive thing you’ve done all week.

Sometimes depression means lying on the floor and staring into space for hours because you cannot convince yourself that your body is capable of movement. 

Sometimes depression means not being able to write for weeks because the only words you have to offer the world are Trapped and Depressed and I Swear To God I’m Trying. 

Sometimes depression means that everybone in yout body aches but you have to keep going through the motions because you are not allowed to call into work depressed.

Sometimes depression means ignoring every phone call for over a month because yes, they have the right number but your not the person theyre looking for  -  not anymore…

© 2017 Alaska


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very well said and written. Anyone who has been through this will totally relate. I know I did.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Alaska

6 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Depression is a low mood that lasts for a long time, and affects your everyday life. Lots of people can find it hard to open up and speak about how they're feeling. At least, through this poetic self-examination of expressive emotion, you have made a start – a poignant write. And, very good share …

Posted 6 Years Ago


Alaska

6 Years Ago

Although I chose to speak about it, doesnt mean much... Its written here for self exprssion, a place.. read more
Phill Oz O'fee

6 Years Ago

Well - you have a friend here to listen and loads more on the site :-)
Alaska

6 Years Ago

Thats real sweet of you

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 20, 2017
Last Updated on August 20, 2017

Author

Alaska
Alaska

Jordan



About
I just find expression in writing. more..

Writing