Tell Me What The Rain Knows

Tell Me What The Rain Knows

A Poem by Paris France
"

A poem that reminds us that no matter how depressing life seems the darkness will pass into a new and beautiful tomorrow.

"

 

Tell me what the rain knows.

If it is the tears of angels,

Then wash away my heart ache

And see how the sky grows clear.

 

Tell me what the rain knows.

As I wander down life’s path

Shower me with its wisdom

And flood me with the truth.

 

Tell me what the rain knows.

Whisper it into my ear,

As I stand here, crying,

The rain hiding my tears.

 

    Please, tell me what the rain knows.

So when life swells with tempests

I can stand firm and be at peace

With rain’s knowledge that “All will pass.”

 

Ah, and watch the sun rise up,

Embracing me with warmth as

I soar on the wings of morning.

A new day has come!

And my troubles are gone, gone with the rain

© 2010 Paris France


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"And my troubles are gone, gone with the rain"

Gorgeous. This poem was beautiful. I love the whole concept of this poem. It's interesting to see what people can take from nature. Asking what the rain might know...completely and utterly brilliant! This poem had me from the title, first line and every line after that.

Life's free pleasures are so easy to overlook but when you actually stay in one spot and absorb everything around you has to offer, something like this poem comes about and inspiration bewilders all of us!

It's like being in a whole new state of mind.
Poetry about nature creates such a high.

I love how you interpreted rain. I love it. Washing away all that's dirty and bad.

Again, sorry for the ramble, but perfect :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I'm not usually into poetry, but I admit I like this very much. I found that as I was reading it, I could almost picture music in my head. It would make a lovely song.
The only thing that caught me was the fact that the first line kept repeating, but I think that was the point, wasn't it?
I think this was beautifully written. It is both sad and yet uplifting.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was a cathartic poem..serene....wonderful write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


a soft and melodious whisper through the cleansing rain~ a gentle poetic touch~lovey~

Posted 13 Years Ago


"Shower me with its wisdom
And flood me with the truth."
God!!!--what a magnificent poem...
just perfect--i love this:)


Posted 13 Years Ago


Very nice poem you've got here. I like how the rain flows with every word of yours. I love rain! You are epic! Keep it up!

Posted 13 Years Ago


this i can relate to , it is a good write,it tells enough without saying alot. great job


Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this piece; the repetition worked very well. I like the comparison to the rain being a wise old being. The rain is a bringer of life, when we can survive the storm.

Great write!
RLG,
Tommy


Posted 13 Years Ago


The title instantly made me think of the same song from Maaya Sakamoto that plays on Wolf's Rain's second soundtrack. The words are different and I could feel a deep impact from this poem like I could the song. I like poems that can touch anyone and change the way they feel. That is what the words of this inspiring poem did to me. I couldn't help but give off a smile when I read the last section. I love the first the first four lines as well. Perfect symbolism I think. I hope to read more poems like this in the future.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I enjoyed reading this quite a bit. The way the rain falls in WA, it's got that tranquil feel, you can almost feel it washing everything away. It inspires thought, nothing like a good stroll through the falling water when there's a lot on your mind. Maybe it's the steady rhythm of its fall, or perhaps the way it closes in, making a curtain between you and the rest of the world. But it makes focus clearer. Problems don't diminish, but understanding comes. You conveyed all of this through your poem to me at least. It made me really miss WA, that was one of my favorite aspects of it that made the place feel like home. And I like how you added the touch of hope from the sun's rays shining through the grey, your words brought up that same smile that came when I saw the beauty of that sight often back up north. All in all, awesome poem!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


5
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1969 Views
49 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on June 20, 2010
Last Updated on June 24, 2010
Tags: Poem, Rain, Life, Hope

Author

Paris France
Paris France

In Your Dreams,, WA



About
Kind, sweet, and cute--that’s who people say I am, but do they really know me…? Perhaps not, and that’s why I must tell you. I am a complicated little person, who likes some thin.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Kissing Frogs Kissing Frogs

A Poem by .


forgiveness forgiveness

A Poem by Emily B


Grey Grey

A Poem by OT