Labor Day/30th Birthday

Labor Day/30th Birthday

A Story by CMSingleton
"

Journal Entry -Descriptive

"
My brother picked me up early Saturday morning. After gathering the things he needed for the weekend we went and picked up our dad. Before we headed out west my brother stopped by a pet store to get some crickets for his two toads. 
The place we went to was close to where my Grandma and Grandpa Workman's cabin was. I believe it was near Venice, Nebraska. It was all the way down Center street, past the four-way stop, by the gas station and Subway. I'm not sure which house it was exactly but I do remember it's on the left side after taking a right down Campanile Road.
The backyard was huge. It was right next to the Platte River. At the end of the long driveway, there sat a camper and an enclosed gazebo. Closer to the house and to the right of the driveway was the beginning of a tree house and a fire pit.
I knew most of the people that were there. It was nice seeing Uncle Billy, Uncle Ronnie, Uncle Tommy, Diane, and their dad, Don. again. The people that I got to meet, this time, were Carol, her grandson, Cameron, and Jerry. Trevor and Mike were two other people that were there.
I'm still unsure of how I'm related to all of them. While I was there I did gather a lot of information such as names, birth dates and death dates.

© 2016 CMSingleton


Author's Note

CMSingleton
Please give honest feedback such as questions, grammar mistakes/corrections, and punctuation errors/corrections.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

glad that you had a great time.. great job.. babe...

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 27, 2016
Last Updated on November 27, 2016
Tags: labor day, birthday, 30th birthday, celebrate, family, good times, plenty of laughs, laughs, giggle, funny, hilarious

Author

CMSingleton
CMSingleton

Omaha/CB, NE