Financial Planning with Mutual fund

Financial Planning with Mutual fund

A Story by Quantum MF
"

While investing is important but knowing where to invest is very important. Never put eggs in one basket and always diversify your investments based on your goals.

"

In simple layman terms, asset allocation is investing in different asset classes to make sure that you get proper returns in the future. But, before you make any major decision, there are numerous things that you need to check out. As an investor, you need to make sure that you properly allocate your hard earned money in these different asset classes to fulfill your investment objective.

When it comes to mutual funds, asset allocation depends on the below-mentioned factors:

 

1.       Age Bracket

What age bracket you fall in determines what your plans should look like. Young people who have a constant income of money can always afford to invest more in equity funds. They could afford to take the risk and aim to generate better returns. After all, when you are young, you make mistakes & progress and learn from both. At the same time, if you are retired or close to retirement, choose debt funds, as they are less risky and aim to give moderate returns.

 

2.       Risk Factor

It pertains to how much you are ready to risk. The more you are prepared to risk, the better you go for equity mutual funds. The more risk-averse, the better you tilt your portfolio towards debt instruments.

 

3.       Investment Horizon

This is for what period you want to invest your money. If it’s around a year or less, go for debt mutual funds. If you have a long-term horizon, then you could go for equity. As in the long run, equity tends to give higher returns. However, the investment horizon of an investor also depends upon the investment objective of the investor. If you want to invest your money for your kid’s marriage that will tentatively happen in the next 15 years then you could focus on equity mutual funds.

 

As far as asset allocation is concerned, it is done in three major forms, Equity, Debt & Gold.

 

1.       Equity

Equity Mutual Funds invest in Equities of different companies. The portfolio may usually comprise companies from different sectors. There are sector-specific funds too where you can expose your money to a particular sector. Equity Funds are generally considered riskier and have potential to give good long term risk adjusted returns.

 

2.       Debt:

Debt Funds or Debt Mutual Funds Significantly invest the money in fixed-income securities like government securities, debentures, corporate bonds and other money-market instruments. These funds are generally considered less risky than Equity.

 

Debt funds are meant especially for investors with relatively less appetite for risk and intend to earn returns higher than other traditional safe investment avenues. Most Debt funds NAVs tend to fluctuate less than an equity fund. They primarily invest in corporate, municipal or government bonds.

 

3.       Gold:

Gold Mutual Funds are a type of mutual funds that directly or indirectly invest in gold. They are an excellent way to invest in gold without having to purchase it in its physical form. This reduces the hassles of storing, insuring and paying making charges. You can invest in gold with as little as Rs. 500/month.


Always remember, never run your chariot with a single horse. Always have more than one horse when you want to reach your destination. So, in case of any problem with one horse, your chariot will still reach its destination. Hence, even though your speed may get affected, you will still keep moving closer to your destination.

 

Disclaimer: The views expressed here in this Article / Video are for general information and reading purpose only and do not constitute any guidelines and recommendations on any course of action to be followed by the reader. Quantum AMC / Quantum Mutual Fund is not guaranteeing / offering / communicating any indicative yield on investments made in the scheme(s). The views are not meant to serve as a professional guide / investment advice / intended to be an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial product or instrument or mutual fund units for the reader. The Article / Video has been prepared on the basis of publicly available information, internally developed data and other sources believed to be reliable. Whilst no action has been solicited based upon the information provided herein, due care has been taken to ensure that the facts are accurate and views given are fair and reasonable as on date. Readers of the Article / Video should rely on information/data arising out of their own investigations and advised to seek independent professional advice and arrive at an informed decision before making any investments. None of the Quantum Advisors, Quantum AMC, Quantum Trustee or Quantum Mutual Fund, their Affiliates or Representative shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive or exemplary losses or damages including lost profits arising in any way on account of any action taken basis the data / information / views provided in the Article / video.

Mutual Fund investments are subject to market risks, read all scheme related documents carefully.

© 2021 Quantum MF


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Select a company who floods a writer's venue with pretend stories that are really spam. Hell no!

One such entry might have triggered interest. Spamming as you have? All you've done is proven that this company is irresponsible.

Not the best characteristic in a company that wants us to give them our money.

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
1 Review
Added on May 20, 2021
Last Updated on May 20, 2021
Tags: gold mutual fund, debt mutual fund, goals, Asset Allocation, mutual fund, equity mutual fund

Author

Quantum MF
Quantum MF

mumbai, maharashtra, India



About
Quantum Mutual Fund has over 14 years of experience into mutual funds and puts the needs of investors like you first. Invest in different types of schemes & start an SIP with Quantum Mutual Funds toda.. more..

Writing