What if

What if

A Story by Que

 

     One random night, on the roof of a certain house, there was a young man lying down, looking up to the vast starry sky, pondering about the mysteries of the universe. Awaiting a shooting star so that he can wish for some answers, that star would be a sign that things will be ok. Of all those mysteries there was one specific issue that had kept his mind busy for a while; it was a simple question yet almost impossible to answer; “What is love?” sums it up. What was going on in his mind was much more complicated; he was wondering if love even existed. He had read in the Oxford dictionary that it is defined as “A strong feeling of affection for someone” but what are the chances of finding that someone and sharing the same affection?

Many people look for a soul mate, who will be their other half. But mankind is bound by so many rules, how can you find your better half if she were in another country? How will you connect if you’re separated by religion? What if that half had already settled with someone else? What if that person was older or younger? Those are just way too many factors that affect the process.

As he was deep in his thought, he heard his mother calling for him “Mike! Come inside it’s really cold! And dinner is ready if you want any,” Mike got up, walked down the stairs and into the house, he sat with his family for dinner.

“Can you pass the salt Mike?” his father asked. Mike still had some thoughts on his mind. “Hey Mike! Pass the salt please!” his father asked again. “Oh! Sorry dad,” Mike said while passing the salt to his father. “What’s wrong? Is there something bothering you?” Mikes father said to him. Mike was still out of focus and said “No, no dad. It’s just that… Well can you tell me how you knew that mom was the one for you?” His father chuckled, looked at his wife and said “Well son, at first when your mom and I met, we didn’t like each other very much, but as time went by I realized that she meant the world to me and I would do anything to make her happy. She was always on my mind and I thought to myself, well Jack, you got yourself a keeper here. You will understand fully when you find someone.” Mike had a smile on his face and then bowed his head down and asked “Well, do you think I will ever find someone like that for me?” His mom held his hands and quoted the bible “There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven “ and continued “ you are still young Mike, you still have your graduation in a couple of days to think about, good things come to those who wait.” Mike looked up at his parents and thanked them, then after finishing dinner he went up to his room to sleep. He tucked himself in his bed looking out his sky-view window, and just before he closed his eyes, he spotted a shooting star passing quickly through the sky. He smiled and said to himself “Everything will work out one day” and went to sleep.

© 2016 Que


Author's Note

Que
This is my first try at a story, any comments will be of great help.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is pretty good for your first story! I can't write a story for crap. haha but one thing I will say is when you start new dialogue you want to go on to another paragraph. Keep writing!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Que

7 Years Ago

Thank you ^^ , yeah i still think i need a lot more to get a proper one :P
Thanks for the Ad.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
1 Review
Added on June 17, 2015
Last Updated on June 21, 2016

Author

Que
Que

Amman, Jordan



Writing
Gate the Wall Gate the Wall

A Poem by Que


Sunny side up Sunny side up

A Poem by Que