Just Too Real

Just Too Real

A Poem by QuietPoet
"

I wish I had control at what I feel...

"

 

Just Too Real
I always just stare at myself
Thinking I’m not beautiful
How can anyone think so?
Tears always run down my face
With my black mascara smeared
What’s so pretty about that?
I see right through my heart..
And I can’t ever see who I am..
Why am I so lost all the time?
All I feel is alone..
Just grab my hands
And hold me until I let it all out..
Until I realize why I’m here..
I hurt so much..
Due to my haunting past..
Its so hard to let go
When its just too real..
 

© 2009 QuietPoet


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Don't EVER let the past disctate your future or else you are a prisoner of your past and it will consume your present and your future. You have to let it go and move onward and upward. You ARE beautiful, sweetheart. Our shells don't matter nearly as much as our hearts do and you have the purest and most tender of hearts. You be proud of who you are as human being and that will shine out on your face letting the world know the beauty that is within bathes your exterior.

Posted 15 Years Ago


wow i know what that feels like just to real good write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love the poem and I can feel the emotion of this piece.
We all struggle with our insecurities and I commend you
on exposing your own(though I disagree with your assessment).
Great write....

Posted 15 Years Ago


There is a rainy day beauty about this piece... The kind of beauty you find going on the porch and inhaling the smell of precipitation bouncing off of cement ground.. Tears are food for the soul. And this piece cries with nurishment I feel this piece is the regeneration of self ego and the beginning of the butterfly. Beautiful in its essence.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Sometimes I think that beauty is like a stained glass window. Yes, I'm about to make a silly analogy. If a stained glass window were to look at itself, it would only be able to think (if it could think), that it's broken with ugly black lines used to fill in the holes. Sometimes the shape is just so random can its life have any meaning? Now when a person looks at that window and see the sunshine filtered into beams of magnificent color. Where the blues blossom like flowers, the yellows hold up hidden memories, the green whispers the promise of a future, and the "ugly" black lines are the lessons learned and mistakes made. They also help hold the window together so that when viewed from the outside looking in the real beauty can be seen. I haven't "seen" much of your "window", but the beauty you have expressed through your poetry, despite your brokenness is nothing short of amazing. You are beautiful.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I'm not to good at any kind of reviewing or feedback, but I always feel as if people appreciate it when someone reads their work and says something about it, to the author of course.
I really liked the concept of the poem and who the title just links everything up so well.
:]
Tears always run down my face
With my black mascara smeared
What's so pretty about that?

And I really like those 3 lines.
Too true in my opinion.

It's a very nice piece you've got there
:]

Posted 15 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

459 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 8, 2009
Last Updated on February 8, 2009

Author

QuietPoet
QuietPoet

Las Vegas, NV



About
Hello, my is kylie, I havent been on here for a long time, i haven't written in years so bare with me. Reading all my old stuff brings back a lot of memories. I have a husband and twin girls, i would.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..