A quiet day at work

A quiet day at work

A Story by Alice
"

Alice is an angel who used to be in a relationship with Rain. Here is a slice of life story about her. One of the few non-violent, non-sexual stories I've done

"
Alice had decided to change up things in her life. She had given up her job as a baker and switched to being a florist instead. She had changed up her entire wardrobe to something vintage and 50's like or retro chic; if there was such a thing. Today, she had picked out a black strapless dress with white polka dots. It had a red sash in the middle of it and red satin peeking out of the bottom of it as well. She loved the way it looked with her fiery red hair. She had paired it with a pair of red peep toe flats. 

Today, she was working in her shop. It was a small boutique that she and one other woman worked at. At the moment, it was just her. She was currently sitting on a stool in the back, working on piecing together another Valentine's day arrangement. She was grinning to herself, she had to admit, she loved the holiday. Even if it had ruined many birthday parties in the past. 

Alice thought about her mother, whose shapely body she had inherited. She smiled a bit as she remembered the lovely honey colored hair her mom had and the sharp short way she kept it. She had always been a bit naive to her parents habits and the way they had acted around her. She couldn't help but remember that she looked nothing like either of her parents and how long it had taken to realize that there had been a third involved in the making of herself. 

She swallowed a bit as she looked over the arrangement. She let out a sigh as she thought too much on her past, there was a female she had tried over and over to forget but was never quite able to. She moved over to the phone and picked it up. She closed her eyes and dialed the number she knew by heart. She shifted a bit, tucking a loose curl behind her ear and listened as the phone rang. She wasn't expecting anyone to answer. 

She let out a sigh of relief as the answering machine picked up and the mechanical voice on the other end told her that the person who owned this phone was not home at the moment and suggested she leave a message at the beep. She swallowed nervously as the phone beeped. 

"Hi, Raqu....I mean, Rain...Sorry" She muttered, banging her head against the wall a bit. "It's ahhh, a quarter til one and I was just....thinking about you." She banged her head against the wall lightly again. "I mean...I miss you and was wondering if you'd be in the city any time soon." She let those words hang in the air for a moment. "Um..." She floundered a bit with her words and let out another heavy sigh. "Talk to you later" She hung up and groaned. 

Why did I call her? She wondered as she walked away from the phone. She began to set her mind to her work, trying not to focus on the details of her past and Rain. She chewed on her lip as she worked, the good mood she had been in had been ruined. She loved her parents and was grateful they had never treated her like Rain's parents had treated her but part of her hated them for being involved in an non-typical family. She had been born to a mother and father but there was a third father. His wild and fiery hair had been passed down to her and she knew nothing more about him than the picture her mother had shown her. 

She let out a sigh again as she continued to work, working through the arrangements that needed to be sent out over the weekend for the holiday. She moved back and forth through the shop with a purpose in mind. She would work without any more interrupting thoughts. She turned on the radio and pushed herself to get the rest of the orders out before the end of the day.

The bell chimed in the front of the store, "Just a moment!" She called as she moved towards the front but when she stepped out into the front of the building, she found it strangely empty. She looked around curiously and moved towards the register. "Hello?" She called out softly, looking around some as she did. She walked slowly and carefully towards the register. 

She didn't see anything out of place and the store seemed strangely empty. She looked around curiously and stepped behind the front counter. She ran her fingers along the counter as she walked towards the register, there was something sitting on the counter. She looked down at the small box curiously. It was a red box, no bigger than a few inches. She carefully picked it up and looked it over. 

It was light enough that she wasn't concerned that the box contained anything dangerous. She set the box back down carefully and opened up the lid slowly. She set the lid down and looked down into the box; on a bed of white fluff was a piece of oval shaped glass with a blue morning glory that was pressed in it. She gasped as she picked it up. There was some lead that outlined it and a small golden chain that obviously was meant for hanging from a window.

She set down the piece of glass slowly and carefully on the counter before she looked over the box more. There was nothing that had any sort of markings or a note or anything. There was no way to know who had sent it. She lifted it up and sniffed it; there was the faint scent of tobacco on it. She smiled softly and shook her head a bit. She was sure the gift was from Rain. She leaned against the counter and grinned some.

© 2014 Alice


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on April 10, 2014
Last Updated on April 10, 2014
Tags: Romance, love, Rain, Alice, Lesbian

Author

Alice
Alice

Severna Park, MD



About
I am self taught writer, I'm still learning how to properly write and I go through a lot of periods where I don't write at all. I'm always open to CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, things that tell me where.. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Alice


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Alice


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Alice