Alexander

Alexander

A Story by Quill_whispers

She took him into her arms. Cradling his head on her shoulder. Wrapped in the purest cloth, he looked like the miracle he was. It was the most beautiful face she had ever seen. The nurse looked lovingly at the baby, trying to stifle her tears but failing miserably. She paid attention to none. Not the nurse, not the room full of flowers, not her husband and not even the agonizing pain. Her eyes were fixed on his as they sparkled like the brightest of stars. It’s their moment, forever to be lost in time. Her heart was aching of an uncontrollable feeling of love. A love deeper than the depths of the ocean. Higher than the tallest of mountains. A love she never knew she was capable of. “Alexander” she murmured, with her chapped lips. “That will be his name” she spoke with her eyes to her husband, he read them perfectly, and accepted with a nod.

© 2018 Quill_whispers


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

so sweet so touching after the labor pains and other sacrifices it is worth everything the first time you look at your child. there is that unconditional love and emotional bond that can't be described. thanks for a very beautiful story.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
1 Review
Added on March 4, 2018
Last Updated on March 4, 2018
Tags: Child, mother, love, miracle

Author

Quill_whispers
Quill_whispers

Negombo, Western province, Sri Lanka



About
A girl finding her way, one word after another.. more..

Writing