The Cost of Planting Carrots

The Cost of Planting Carrots

A Poem by Quentin Smith

The cost of planting carrots
You feel proud that u promoted success Only risk is to see that u have been abused repeatedly by the same attacker. Digging up the carrots u grew that was nearly complete. And Like crows they are just waiting on the scarecrows till it's time to harvest... The cost of helping puts a huge burden on your shoulders as well...fear that the person you've been asked to help will come back to ask for more And more till you are over and done. It pushes u forward...sometimes Into the ground while the carrots you've planted were robbed and eaten or maybe the carrots that were robbed were profitted to something of more value and u claim royalties for planting and growing the seeds.

© 2014 Quentin Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This poem is off to a great start. It has a very unique quality, but does lack structure.
Here is what I would suggest:

The cost of planting carrots:
You feel proud that (you've) promoted success
(While risking abuse from attackers, all the same).
Digging up carrots (you) grew(,)nearly complete.
And Like crows (they're) just waiting(,)
(Perched) on the scarecrows till harvest (time)...
The cost of helping (plants burden on your shoulders)...
(Fearing the person you've been helping will keep coming back for more
(Till there's no more to give and you're over and done,)
(But) It pushes u forward...sometimes Into the ground
While the carrots you've planted were robbed and eaten
Or maybe profitted to something of more value(,)
And (you) claim royalties for planting and growing the seeds.

Just a suggestion of course! I find this poem very intriguing. The concept of a farmer's hard labor, slaving away, helping others in need, being taken in the midst of the night for reasons unknown is a very fresh ideal for a piece. Thank you for sharing and keep up the good work.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
1 Review
Added on August 19, 2014
Last Updated on August 19, 2014
Tags: Carrots, plants, cost