Gone

Gone

A Poem by R.D.Scott
"

I dont quite know what my writings are considered to be, some of them are obvious and yet some are not so clear, so it put this down as sharing a thought. But call it what you feel best.

"

I sit behind a rain flecked window. You image floating across my mind.

I think of you constantly, of what we once were, while realising what will never be again. Thoughts of what we once did, of the many places we travelled. Of the nights shared under the same cover, Of days in the sunlight and rain. The tender moments and the angry, haunt me.

I have loved you for so long and my feelings seem never to faulter. Everything you did, the way you move, the smile so bright, the dark eye's that sparkle as though a star hidden inside. Clearer now than they were at my first glance of you.

My life was turned, changed and remoulded just by your presence. A path never clear before, became so clear, with visions of beauty ahead. Idea's never before thought, of family, of life of bliss, Thoughts that could be anything while by your side.

Clarity bestowed upon me by the pureness of your soul, by your virgin faith in me. Lifting me to an ill fitting pedistal, Believing I was not what I am. Praying for what I could be and reaching inside to raise me up. Loyalty beyond the meaning, faithful till the last.

But you are gone. No hairbrush on the night stand, an empty wardrobe. No gifts,wrapped with love, under the tree come Christmas. No surprsies come birthdays, No romance and vows of love come Valentine's. No plans fulfilled, made in love and excitement of the future.

I watch you now from a distance, see you flourish and grow. I see plans that were once ours, being fulfilled by another. I see how you have forgotten what you did, how you changed me. I reflect on how I was unworthy of you and how my love was never enough.

So I sit at the rain flecked window, comforted by memory.

© 2009 R.D.Scott


Author's Note

R.D.Scott
Again please ignore my grammer or other faults, as I have said before, I am ill educated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

:'( beautiful... you remind me i cant lie about how much i still love him

Posted 14 Years Ago


Well written nostagic story. I felt the longing and sadness that all the beautiful
times that had been, and now were just memories. Beautiful.....keep writing you have
talent. This was a great piece! ~ Helena

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 6, 2009
Last Updated on August 16, 2009

Author

R.D.Scott
R.D.Scott

London,England, United Kingdom



About
I am writing my very first Novel and also enjoy writing about my feelings as well as reading poetry. I have no formal education so my writing may not be perfect. I'm a dreamer and a thinker. I ho.. more..

Writing
New Beginnings New Beginnings

A Chapter by R.D.Scott


Moving On Moving On

A Chapter by R.D.Scott