Love

Love

A by R.D.Scott
"

Just a random thought I wanted to share.

"

It’s the weirdest thing, as they say one of life’s biggest mysteries. It transcends gender, prejudice, creed and religion. It is one of the human race’s biggest assets and also probably biggest weakness. It changes our behaviour from reasonable to the extreme. In some cases we learn very little from it and in others we gain a remarkable insight to ourselves. Our characteristics become irrational and ill tempered. Its becomes increasingly difficult to define and even harder to understand. We struggle to define how many times we have been in love or with how many people.

I mean is it possible to love the same person more than once? Or is it that we just never stopped loving them in the first place? Did our feelings just retreat, never to resurface again? Or do we just love all over again? Can it be truly possible to love a singular person for a life time? And how do we define the difference between the love of a sibling or family member, to that of one of a romantic nature. All questions that have been asked so many times by the world at large.
 
But as I sit here writing this, it occurs to me that definition is irrelevant. As much as lust plays a pivotal role in the difference between family and romance. Love at its basic level is just the same in any situation. In romance love and lust seem to confuse and leave us conflicted. But love alone is simply beautiful. To love means that need and want are no longer needed nor involved. To know the person, yet desire nothing from them is enough. To watch them grow from the shadows, never seeking to revel in their glory nor share their spot light. This is what love is at its core.
 
Many people claim to love but with sayings like, “ I need you “ or “ I want you “, can that really be love. Are you happy to have a loved one in your life, obviously. It would be foolish to claim otherwise. But if you truly loved someone, then need, want nor lust come into it.   

© 2009 R.D.Scott


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yes it is possible to love someone for a lifetime. I loved my dear husband all through our forty years and I will be loving him on the day I die and through eternity. Love can be that strong.

I loved your poem, it asked so many questions that people sometimes keep bottled up inside.

Posted 14 Years Ago


so truthell yet again you are a genious, your brain power amazing me yet again. I belive so much of what you said minus teh need part.
I belive strongly that to love someone isnt to want them its to mentally and emtionally need them, not sexually tho. but to need someoen to feel alone when they have lef tyou or turned you away is something only granted the pain of loving

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

307 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 25, 2009
Last Updated on August 25, 2009

Author

R.D.Scott
R.D.Scott

London,England, United Kingdom



About
I am writing my very first Novel and also enjoy writing about my feelings as well as reading poetry. I have no formal education so my writing may not be perfect. I'm a dreamer and a thinker. I ho.. more..

Writing
New Beginnings New Beginnings

A Chapter by R.D.Scott


Moving On Moving On

A Chapter by R.D.Scott



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Wonderfully Private Wonderfully Private

A Story by


See me See me

A Poem by R.D.Scott