The Unopened Letter

The Unopened Letter

A Poem by R.D.Scott
"

A letter sat in a drawer, that once written, was never sent!

"

Dear Lover,

 

Its been so long, almost 12 years since we were together and not a day goes by when I don't think of you. Life has been so different and almost cruel since the day we parted.

 

I remember the life we planned together all those years ago, but my life hasn't even come close.

 

I've watched you grow and blossom from a distance and it fills me with great pride to see the beautiful, strong young woman you have grown into. I know we talk every now and again but I regret that I haven't been by your side through out your journey. I know that is mostly of my own doing.

 

But the truth of it is, I still love you. I always have and I always will. There has never been anyone else that has compared to you in any sense. What we shared was so passionate, so intense and so natural. I remember everything as if it was yesterday. I remember your eyes, your smile, how beautiful you looked in the morning sunlight. I remember how awful it was to be apart from you and it's been like that ever since.

 

I love you so completely and you not being by my side has been the hardest thing ever.

I know things are different now and you have the life you planned only with someone else but I can not deny my feelings anymore. They have never changed, I have simply buried them deep within.

 

I ask nothing of you but I simply want to say, there will never be another you.

 

If ever you feel the same then you know where I will be, but hurry my love for time is running short. My light is starting to dim, the darkness is closing in and I fear that it may soon be time. So I leave you this letter so you know how I truly feel. Wether I watch you from a far or from above that will never change.

 

Forever yours.....

© 2012 R.D.Scott


Author's Note

R.D.Scott
Ok so I know its not a poem but I liked the idea!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
Added on June 10, 2012
Last Updated on June 10, 2012

Author

R.D.Scott
R.D.Scott

London,England, United Kingdom



About
I am writing my very first Novel and also enjoy writing about my feelings as well as reading poetry. I have no formal education so my writing may not be perfect. I'm a dreamer and a thinker. I ho.. more..

Writing
New Beginnings New Beginnings

A Chapter by R.D.Scott


Moving On Moving On

A Chapter by R.D.Scott