Abused

Abused

A Poem by R14
"

Thoughts of a women abused for the first time by her husband

"

You promised to love me, take care of me and never hurt me but you have hurt me, I walk in pain from above my right knee to over my hip and across half my lower back. Every forward motion is a reminder of the way you slammed your closed fists into my back and hip, of the way you kick my leg. I hit you first which doesn’t give me any right to complain but my hands could never damage any part of your body yet yours can break my bones.

I can’t believe that I am married to and in love with a man who would damage my body the way you have. You kissed me so gently after and I couldn’t help but think of my description of the perfect man. “strong yet gentle”

It was supposed to be strong to protect and gentle to love.

 

Love me, care for me, be honest with me, be loyal to me, Protect me.

 

Why did I stay?

Because my husband was still in there, inside that monster towering over me. I wondered what my husband would do if he saw the way his monster hurt me.

Would he come to my rescue or is that just my fantasy, my archaic views of a husband.

 

I see my mistake, I separated the two, my husband and the monster.

The reality is: my husband is the monster

My husband is a monster.

© 2015 R14


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on July 14, 2015
Last Updated on July 14, 2015
Tags: Abused, first abused, women abused by husband

Author

R14
R14