Homeowner's Special: Losing Money 101 ... ... a pip.

Homeowner's Special: Losing Money 101 ... ... a pip.

A Story by RB Roberts
"

This article is basically about investigating reasons people are so quick to give away free money to dishonest contractors. Why? Is it because we really, really get some sort of surrealistic rush?

"

Is it because we like the feel of "gettin' jiggy" with the risks entailed? Exactly, why are so many of us so willing to be the shining examples of Einstein's synopsis for insanity as " doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results"{ (?) Once should be it.


I'm inclined to consider how soon a new year gets old........  Just sort of feel that we're so far into the new year that it's now pretty much well underway.  We hardly hear "Happy New Year!" anymore.


Nevertheless, in spite of our feelings,  it's still (most definitely) the very beginning of a brand new year in paradise.  Yet even more, it's a fresh start for us all.  Most certainly, 2012 can be a very good year for you, as well.


I was just mulling through this account of a residential contractor(Mr. Robert Pierce) of Key West, Florida, who was apparently sentenced in October 2008 to 26 months in county jail and nearly 13 years on probation.  I realize we can safely say that was more than 3 years ago.  This being the case, some may wonder about something "so old" being mentioned, now.


Well.....I probably wouldn't recall something like that if there really was no significant correlation to what's actually going on at this moment or has occurred very recently.  Here, the latter is true. This recent phenomenon(January 7, 2012) is a decision reportedly made by presiding Judge Mark Jones of the 3rd District Court of Appeals in the state of Florida.


Reportedly, Mr. Pierce (the residential contractor)was sentenced in 2008 on grand theft charges.  These charges were made accompanied by overwhelming evidence to the effect he failed to complete  a number of projects he agreed to as far back as 2005.  He was rightfully pegged for being another residential contractor guilty of scandalizing Floridian private home residents  who  were victims of Hurricane Wilma [which was really part of an 11-day cyclone  system hitting as far south as Jamaica, and as far north along the Atlantic to Nova Scotia].


This residential contractor specialized in supplying and constructing modular homes.  However, with the advent of Hurricane Wilma,  he reportedly bit off a bit more than he could chew.  His cumulative take, from several victims, was well over $60,000.00.


So this January  7, 2012,  the appeal Mr. Pierce filed way back when (perhaps seeking a pardon of some sort) was soundly denied.

Now, is this a way to start the new year or what?!  You bet!

A new resolution: No work, no money. 

A new attitude: "Show me the work... I'll show you the money!"
 


© 2012 RB Roberts


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on January 22, 2012
Last Updated on January 22, 2012
Tags: gettin jiggy, insanity, albert einstein, pocket money, money in the pocket, happy homes

Author

RB Roberts
RB Roberts

Burien, WA



About
As a kid in Brooklyn, New York, I enjoyed working with my dad. He was sort of an all-around handyman and trouble-shooter. So, especially during school breaks, I would tag along with him learning v.. more..

Writing