Habits

Habits

A Story by .R.D.H.
"

This is the line of thought i used to write a poem. I would post the poem but they are meant to be heard, not read. However this is the uneditied version. All flow, with no additives.

"
Habits
Habits can bring great freedom or lead to destruction. both good and bad habits are a double edged sword. diligent practice of a good can bring cairity of mind and set the foundation for success in future eneavors. hoever if your focus ilacks aspiration one will become stagnant, predictable, and overfed on comfortability. a bad habit, in my present mind, is one that sins against the truth of your lifes journey.a bad, only in the light of the new day, brings understanding and growth.it also presents the opportunity for self reflection, change, and development of strength and commitmet. a bad, left unchecked, is the guide down a path of self destruction. over-indulgence, decadence, under-achievement, ignorance. averice, laze, lack of understanding/ conviction/ desire to grow, are all causes and results of bad habbits. ballance is key.
yoyu

© 2014 .R.D.H.


Author's Note

.R.D.H.
This is taken directly from my adventurers journal verbatum. No edits. No changes. I feel even though there's no rhyme scheme it still holds a certain flow. I hope all the readers enjoyed and can take something from it. Thanks for reading.
yoyu

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this. Very thought provoking.Made me think If these habits that I enjoy are even doing me any good. Made me step back and look at the big picture. And I agree with you, balance is so important... even Socrates said it "It's hard to be good"


Posted 9 Years Ago


“both good and bad habits are a double edged sword.” Double edged sword means have positive and negative effect. A bad habit is in general consensus as to completely useless. The only way it could be useful is by effecting certain personality traits, and those are only useful dependent on the environment.

“diligent” Should be capitalized.
“practice of a good” Good habit
“hoever” However.
“ilacks” lacks.

“focus ilacks aspiration” Focus can not have aspiration. If you are going for personification, I must state that this is not needed, since your work is didactic.
“in my present mind” This is a redundancy, you can only have your present mind. Just put mind.

“a bad” Should be capitalized A, and bad habit. I would like to note.
“ignorance. Averice” ignorance should have a comma after it, and besides, avarice is misspelled, and is not capitalized in the piece.

“/ conviction/” This is not grammatically correct to place /s on a work.

I would also like to note, that you should not put you are a philosopher. I have read Pluto's Republic, Machiavelli's The Prince, Karl Marx Communist Manifesto, and The Critique of Pure Reason by Immanual Kant, and I am not even close to becoming a philosopher myself. This is not a work of philosophy, since this is subjective and not a means to find “ truth” through a proof. This is merely a dissertation. I thought this would be philosophy by your profile, but it is what you think. Care about what you write. Pretend this is something you would send to a teacher for a grade, something you would give to a boss: spell check it. This has your name on it, so make it worthy of you. If you want to speak to me at all I welcome conversation. Although, I will understand if you just block me. Goodbye.



Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 22, 2014
Last Updated on November 22, 2014
Tags: philosophy, truth, love, understanding, peace

Author

.R.D.H.
.R.D.H.

Acworth, GA



About
Im a philosipher. I love to write my thoughts down and turn them into poems, short stories, speeches, or whatever else comes to mind. Enjoy. more..

Writing