Brice Bracy

Brice Bracy

A Story by R J Fuller
"

Good intentions. Worst of the lot.

"
The pair walked to the back of the apartment complex, looking for a particular door. As they moved across the sidewalk, residents observed them, especially as one of them was a police officer. He must have been there to arrest someone. 
The smartly attired woman with him, however, seemed to suggest otherwise. They couldn't place who she might be, but she wouldn't be along on a drug bust. That was apparent by her demeanor. 
Behind them, at the corner from where they emerged, a little man stepped out to also view the couple. The residents recognized him as the manager of the residence. A woman approached him, never taking her eyes off the new arrivals. 

"What's going on, Mr. Elwood?" she asked him. 
He didn't look at her as well and replied, "I don't know. " A moment's pause, then he added, "they was looking for Eddie." 

"Eddie?" the woman said, somewhat astonished. "Why would anyone want anything to do with him?" 

The officer and the woman walked up the steps to the second floor residencies. Somewhat briskly, they made their way along, barely slowing down to read the apartment numbers, even walking past one or two open doors with suspicious occupants stepping out to see what was going on and who they might be looking for. 

Finally they stopped. 

"Here it is," the officer said to the woman. They stood looking at the door. The officer knocked. 

No answer. He knocked again, now a bit louder. A nearby resident watched them but moved no closer. The officer knocked again and still waited. 

"He's in there," the observer said, trying to be helpful. 

The officer was about to knock again, when finally the door opened. Rubbing his eyes from the bright outdoors, the pudgy man looked at the duo. 

"Yes?"

"Are you Eddie Vinton?"

"Who wants to know?" 

"If you're not Eddie Vinton, can you tell us where to find him?"

"That's him," the youth who was still watching called out. "That's Eddie Vinton."

The woman looked in the direction of the speaker then turned back to face the occupant. 

"well, I haven't done anything," Eddie said, gesturing as if he was about to close the door.

"Mr. Vinton, this is concerning a situation that is presently underway that you may have been a major contributor," the woman said. 

"I don't know what that could be," Eddie replied.

"Mr. Vinton," the officer said, "do you know who is Brice Bracy?"    

© 2022 R J Fuller


Author's Note

R J Fuller
Incomplete.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on June 10, 2022
Last Updated on June 10, 2022
Tags: message, crime, law enforcement, misunderstanding, tragedy

Author

R J Fuller
R J Fuller

Writing
ELEGANCE ELEGANCE

A Story by R J Fuller


Awareness Awareness

A Story by R J Fuller


RESENTMENT RESENTMENT

A Story by R J Fuller