Phase II

Phase II

A Story by Royce P. Hunt
"

Phase continued :)

"
She sought to follow it, and kill it. For laying this curse upon her! She would never be the same again! Though she couldn't see the dark side for the time being; as she felt her powerful hind legs, she looked around and jumped and gripped tight on the trunk of a nearest tree, piercing her claws deep in. She looked around again, and took a deep breath, she could smell it now, the stinch of that vicious beast from a mile away, but her throat was burning, she needed to hunt, to feast and bring her throat to rest. So she took another deep breath on her surroundings, and it was there, on her right, the same dreamy, drug-like scent of fresh blood pumping within warm flesh, her mouth tempted, she was starting to lose focus, she was hungry! This couldn't wait any longer!

She heard a deep howl from her left, it was the wolf that turned her, but killing it would have to wait, she won't miss it's scent whenever she crosses it, she will hunt it down and kill it, she was certain. So for now, she listened, she could hear the distant cracking of a fire surrounded by muffled giggles of talking teenagers, who were those campers? Her friends maybe, but there was no conscience to stop her from hunting them. Her eyes focused in the direction of the voices, fading over the loud whistles of the wind. And she saw the tiniest glow of a camp fire.

She jumped in the direction of that orange light, pushing the tree as hard as her legs would allow and she was fascinated, she could be flying, like a bolt of lightning, mesmerized by her own speed, the jungle swooshed by her vision. She pushed on the ground yet harder, trying to push herself to the limit, attain top speed, because the closer she got, the more tempting that scent of flesh got; dodging the closing trees and bushes. The dry stinging pain in her throat got worse and worse, she thought that her throat could be cracking like dry skin inside of her.

She could hear them talking now, but couldn't make out those senseless sounds, but the voice helped, directing her straight to her very first prey. She ran faster and faster and she could see him now, the delicious human sitting on a thick log with his back to her... 'Perfect!' She thought to herself, as soon as she was close enough she made a leap for the neck with a vicious growl, followed by agonizing screams of the spectators of her barbarian sport.

Her sharp pointed fangs ripped the poor boy's neck apart as his friends scattered like ants and she felt the delicious soothing blood and meat down her throat and she ate to her heart's contempt.

© 2013 Royce P. Hunt


Author's Note

Royce P. Hunt
Continued Phase at the wish of certain friends, hope you enjoyed, your reviews, critiques and comments are most welcome at my page www.facebook.com/pages/Umar-Sulehri-PoetAuthor/160220504044582 :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
Added on April 23, 2013
Last Updated on April 23, 2013
Tags: wolf werewolf werewolves wolves

Author

Royce P. Hunt
Royce P. Hunt

About
I am twenty years old. An amateur writer/ poet. I have a facebook page i.e. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Royce-P-Hunt/160220504044582 and I am currently working on a novel, other than which i do po.. more..

Writing
Phase Phase

A Story by Royce P. Hunt