The Perfect Shot -- PART 1

The Perfect Shot -- PART 1

A Story by R_Roy
"

This is a short story from a life of 24 year old boy, Rizaak. The protagonist fighting his way out of the life's bitter but true realities.

"

Intro : This is a short story from a life of 24 year old boy, Rizaak. The protagonist fighting his way out of the life's bitter but true realities, where his passion for shooting as a career is countered by his parents. They treat it as a useless job which cannot fetch any good money and respect. He is about to make a choice, which will decide his entire life. There are two ways out - first "not so good" but safe - and other "difficult" but worth-achieving. The story is all about this biggest dilemma of his life.

 

 

It all starts with the hollowness that dark night brought with it. Rizaak was sitting on his old - not so comfortable - chair, relaxing his legs on the railings, through the patterns of which he was looking at the waving leaves of acacia tree in his courtyard. It had been 1 a.m. of the winter dark and he had been awake for more than couple of hours than his sleep time. Thoughts revolving around his mind didn't let him sleep. A sense of insecurity was creeping in. Yesterday he promised everyone to make a decision. And today he has to make a decision everyone in the family was waiting for.

With his cold & quivering fingers, he picks up a ruined envelope kept on a near by wooden table addressing Rizaak Mohanti. And then again he looks at the watermark logo printed on it and a tag line floating below the logo. It mentioned something like below:
 
Ney York Film Academy

"Shoot your dream, we bring it to life"


Tears roll down the eyes of Rizaak. Perhaps this was the first time he broke into pieces so much.
Then he brought the ruined envelope into shape and kept it back.Thinking of all the great excitement he waited to have, as if everything he ever dreamt of were about to turn into reality. Thoughts were overflowing his mind, accompanying with them a severe headache. With all the pain and sadness he passed a sarcastic smile at his fate. And as he closed his eyes he remembered about his beautiful and ambitious life a few days ago.


[R_Roy : Continue reading it in next post - PART TWO ]

© 2013 R_Roy


Author's Note

R_Roy
There is always a margin of improvement - sugesstions are most welcome...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on July 19, 2013
Last Updated on July 19, 2013
Tags: fiction, dream, respect, ambitious

Author

R_Roy
R_Roy

India



About
Hi, I am a 24-year old boy, an IT professional by occupation. I love to read fiction, tech and inspirational literary works. Recently, developed writing as a habit, what I believe is, "It's the best w.. more..