The Unknown

The Unknown

A Story by Rachel
"

A small horror story. Enjoy

"

I want to start out by telling you that I'm not crazy. I actually saw this, thing.


The day was like every other one that had come to pass. It was the same old routine, went to school, talked to the same people, and got the same lousy grades. The only thing that was different was that I got a detention for being late and had to stay after. When I got home around 4, I  jumped right on the computer and started playing one of my games on it. After a couple of hours my mom yelled at me because I was hogging the computer, we all share one computer in my house, and she told me to take my dog on a walk. It was around the time when the sun starts to set but it’s still light outside. I got up and tried to convince my mom to let me play but to no avail. I grabbed the dog’s leash and headed out. I have to admit that the weather was nice even to someone like me.


After a while I noticed something... strange. There was no one outside, no one but me. I tried to brush it aside as a coincidence but I couldn't get this thought out of my head. As I walked past the woods, I had a queasy feeling in my stomach. I had heard of people going missing and demonic sacrifices going on in those woods. Of course I never thought any of it was true but those woods still gave me the creeps. My dog started barking as we passed by them. My dog barks all the time but this was different.  It was a low pitched growl with high pitched barks in between. After that, his leash came undone and he ran into the woods. He was chasing after something but I couldn't tell what it was.I thought it was a squirrel, but little did I know my arrogance would cause the horrid seen I was soon going to witness. I started to run after him as fast as I could. The  the forest’s thick canopy kept the moon’s light from illuminating the forest, I lost him in the darkness.


I had given up and tried make my way back home, but the forest seemed to go on forever. As I tried to find my way out of the woods, when I started to feel another’s presence behind me,  I turned around as fast as I could, but nothing was there. I stared for a while when I noticed a small ray of light illuminating a small, red trail leading behind a tree with a large, wide trunk with dead branches stemming out of it . When I got there I was unprepared for the horrid sight that greeted me. It was my dog, or at least what remained of him, his body was hardly recognizable. I hadn't noticed the dark looming figure when I first crouched down to look at his body. When I noticed it, I jumped back immediately.


I was paralyzed with fear when I realized what I was seeing. It was this almost human like ,but definitely NOT human, made of completely dark mass. The only distinguishable features, on what must have been it’s face, was a pair of large white eyes without pupils and a large, psychotic smile that will haunt me for the remainder of my life. Blood was dripping from its mouth and it’s large talcon like claws. It was surrounded by a dark aura merged with the scent of blood from my now dead dog. I wanted to throw up, but I couldn’t.  I wanted to run away but I couldn't move, I was paralyzed with fear.


The word Unknow started to filled my head as I started to become dizzy. I finally gathered all my strength and ran away as fast as I could. Soon the forest started to warp around me. As I ran the animals of the forest started to become horrible monsters. Their bones started to change and become dislocated from their sockets. Large teeth and bones started to grow  out of their original skeletal structure, blood covered their bodies as they mutated. Then they started to chase me, even the corpse of my dog had started to reanimate and chase me. I started heard the screams of my mother and sister, I even heard my dad crying. This surprised me the most because my dad never shows his emotion even when my grandpa died, he never even shed one tear. It was like my worst nightmare. I finally saw a light and ran toward it as fast as I could, but when I got there the creature was standing there like it was waiting for me. I had to get out of there, I couldn’t stand to be in this place another second. It got me, I passed out.


I don't remember what happened next but when I regained consciousness, my close were covered in spurts of blood and I had a knife in my hand. My head hurt like hell and my body felt numb all over. It took awhile for me to realize what had happened. I dropped the knife immediately when I saw what that thing made me do. The bodies of my dead family were in front of me. I assumed I was in the basement, it was dark with no windows. Strange cryptic messages were written in blood all over the walls. The only word I could make out was “Unknown”. I wanted to scream but I knew I couldn't. What if someone had heard me and found out what that thing made me do?


I understand now what had happened.  That thing had crawled into my mind, controlled me, and made me murder my own family. It trapped me in my own mind and made me do those awful things. I can feel it, its still here, watching me. I'm not going to be killed by that thing and I'm not going to let it control me again. I found one of my dad’s old guns that I can use. It only has one bullet, luckily thats all I need.  Before I die, I’m writing this down so people can know the truth about  what really happened to me and my family, that thing, and what it does. Never go in those woods or else your  fate may be worse than mine.

© 2013 Rachel


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on April 26, 2013
Last Updated on April 30, 2013
Tags: horror, unknown, strange

Author

Rachel
Rachel

Milford, OH



About
My Name is Rachel. I like to write horror stories and some times poetry or discus the human mind. I love rock music and playing video games more..

Writing
Sister Sister

A Poem by Rachel


Struggle Struggle

A Poem by Rachel