Cigarettes my enemy

Cigarettes my enemy

A Poem by Rae Rae
"

This is not the usual poem I write that flows and rhymes but instead a dialog to the Lord asking to help me quit smoking.

"
Dear Lord, please help me to quit smoking cigarettes. They are killing my insides and hurting those that love me. I continue to desire to smoke but put myself down everytime I do. Everytime I smoke a cigarette, I feel horrible about myself. I'm tired of feeling weak and letting people down that want me to quit. Smoking has become just another regret in my life that further promotes self hate. I tell myself I want to quit and will quit, yet I continue to buy and smoke cigarettes. The thought of quitting scares me to no longer have that crutch. I'm tired of feeling like a failure. It seems so simple yet it's complicated. I destroy myself everyday. With every decision to smoke, I feel like a weak failure. God please help me to quit smoking and to desire Not to smoke. You spoke this world into existence, surely you can instill this inside of me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

© 2012 Rae Rae


Author's Note

Rae Rae
Ignore grammar problems.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on December 2, 2012
Last Updated on December 2, 2012
Tags: Cigarettes, god, help, failure, sad, hope, smoking

Author

Rae Rae
Rae Rae

CA



About
I have been writing since I learned my letters. I have kept all my poems to myself until now December 2012, when I now decide to share. Love feedback and am using this as a start to a possible career .. more..