Victorian Dreams

Victorian Dreams

A Poem by Rae Coffins
"

Free verse poetry.

"
The lady was quite beautiful, dressed in fine layered silks adorned in the most precious jewels and bows. Her face was red with sorrow yet her posture still resembled elagence as always. She stolls through the magnifent gardens of her family estate. Strong towering stone walls protect the otherworldly atmosphere of the beautiful gardens as richly colored flowers consume all bare space. Betrayal is all the finely dressed lady could think about, though all around were sights breath taking to see. Her lover once gave her eyes like no other, those eyes now see someone else. The air becomes heavier, and soon after rain starts to flutter down. The frail lady welcomes this as if the sky understands her pain. As her decorated ensemble becomes soaked with the tears of the sky she clears her mind. focused on her purpose, the deed is now done. The emotionally scorned lady now lays as the rain washes away her life blood straight from her neck.

© 2017 Rae Coffins


Author's Note

Rae Coffins
I wrote this at a very emotional time in my life

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This reads more like prose, but it seems like a very interesting story and I loved the language.

-Jazz

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 9, 2017
Last Updated on January 9, 2017
Tags: Victorian, Gardens, Suicide, Betrayal, Fair Lady, Victorian Lady, Victorian Gardens

Author

Rae Coffins
Rae Coffins

Paragould, AR



About
I am many, but I am one. I am my stories and they are me. I write from my heart and I feel what I write. more..