Someone Somewhere

Someone Somewhere

A Story by Leafar Sanzech

In the morning, he wakes up in pure sweat.


He goes to the bathroom and looks at himself in the mirror. He puts one finger in his face, then one hand; he yawns. He wipes off the sweat. It is cold. It is winter.


He gets dressed and walks out the door. It is time to go to school. The morning is quiet as usual. The traffic is busy. His head is busy with the thoughts of the dream he had that night. They are peculiar. A girl. Alone.


He enters the school. He goes to class. He sits in his chair. It is another day, another week, another year.


However, there is something odd in the class. There is a student he's never met before. A girl. Alone. He glances at her.


She stands up. She takes her bag and walks out the door. He stands up too, but he does not follow. He stands there, looking, staring, glancing, analyzing, thinking. Why is she alone? Who? Who? Who?


"What's her name?"

"Who?"

"That girl. Alone. She left the class."

"I don't know." He leaves the class to follow her.


He hurries. Lunch starts.


A shadow. The end. The hallway. He sees a shadow at the end of the hallway. He sees a shape. Alone. The shape vanishes through a door. He runs. Nobody no more.


He decides to go back to class. The end of school approaches and she does not come back.


The red sun sets. He goes to his locker. He leaves his books and takes his bag. He leaves school. His gaze is on the ground.


He thinks he sees her somewhere. Somehow. Somewhere. Her silhouette. Her step. Her scent. That dream. That pure sweat in the morning. Her pale face is more than the clair de lune. That swan is no crow. That beauty is her.


Someone stands up in class. Someone leaves the class. Someone does not come back. Someone is standing in front of him, in the red sun.


Standing, sighing, smiling, seeing. Somehow dreaming. Her eyes swallow him into thousands of universes, where she is every star, and every planet, and every galaxy. What a fantasy! He approaches her.


"Who are you? Who? Who? Who?" She looks at him and does not say. She walks closer.


He feels his heartbeat. He feels hers. He feels her warmth in this cold winter. She puts her arms around his neck. She hugs him.


She whispers something. She walks away. She crosses the street and vanishes. Alone.


He tries to run, but he does not move. He goes home, and stares at the ceiling. He remembers her whisper.


"Don't think of me again." And he thinks of her all night long.

© 2018 Leafar Sanzech


Author's Note

Leafar Sanzech
Please, I only ask for 3 things besides criticism. Did I make you feel anything at all? What happened in the story? And what did you like about the story?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on March 5, 2018
Last Updated on August 6, 2018
Tags: Prose Poem, Open-ended, Love, Tragic, Romance, High School, Teenagers

Author

Leafar Sanzech
Leafar Sanzech

Weehawken, NJ



About
I have always loved writing and I do it as a hobby. So if you would like to stop by and look at my work you are more than welcome to! I used to write poetry since I was 8, but then I moved to prose. N.. more..