Expedition's Darkest

Expedition's Darkest

A Story by Raggedy_Jones
"

An expedition to Greenland turns for the worst once a source is found that should have never been discovered.

"

    The expedition has gone wrong.

            Kale and his team went to Greenland for an expedition and discovered something that was not meant to be discovered. It was a cave buried deep in ice which Kale now sits inside of. One of his team members, Patrick Archer, lies in a pool of blood beside Kale. A gash is slashed across Patrick’s pale face from the ice pick Kale had to use for self defense. Patrick had clearly gone insane. The rest of his team ran deeper into the cave; deeper into darkness. Right towards the source of their malevolent discovery.

            Kale looks at his bloodied hands and parka. He dug his face into his hands and rubs his cropped black hair. The thing they found�"

            What have I done…

            Was some sort of orb, an orb filled with the darkest dreams and deepest fears. Pandora’s Box. 

            Kale scoops up the ice pick by its handle and sees blood splattered over the steel, PA engraved in the plastic handle.

            My father passed it down to me…had my initials engraved.

            Kale let out a scream and threw the ice pick against the wall. His head began to pound and his face filling with fiery hate�"

            Please no!

            Kale calmly walks down deeper in the direction his team had run, their screaming echoing back.

 

            Kale walks on for forty minutes and still finds no sign of his team. He looks at the walls of the wide tunnel and notices the ice being dark�"

            Like a whirling mist…

            Crackling breaks the silence of the cave.

            I…I don’t want to die…

            Kale grasps the handle of his ice pick hooked against his leather belt. He pulls but it doesn’t pull free. His hands begin to burn and shake. His breaths are loud, but it becomes muffled. His breathing slows. His heart beats loudly and overwhelms everything else. Dark lines creep into his eye sight.

            Kale gasps and unclips the hook and yanks out the ice pick.

            Here they come…

            A light appears out of darkness in the distance. Kale’s eyes water and he shields them from the blinding sight. The light fades out.

            Kale runs toward where the light originally was but slips on the frozen ground. His ice pick skitters across the ground and his face scrapes along. Blood stains the ice like painted glass. Kale lifts his face and feels warmth seeping down his left cheek.   An orb filled with dark mist beholds his sight. The rest of his team lie dead, four lifeless bodies lie still around the orb. Dark creatures in shapes of men are hunched over all the bodies chewing, tearing, and slurping. One of them turns its head towards Kale and its red eyes pierce into his head.

            A terrible ringing echoes through Kale’s head and he screams in agony and clasps his ears. He opens his mouth and screams, but yet all he could hear was ringing.

            See the truth…

            Kale grabs his ice pick and began swinging like mad. He stabs rapidly over and over into the back of one creature but the whole time no blood is even present. The thing fell over on its back and lay still. The other three dark mists in the shape of men crept back slowly from Kale. The ringing began to fade. He could hear his own bloody cry of violence as he lunged at another creature and knocked it off its feet. He continuously stabs the ice pick into the side of the creatures head, but yet there is no blood.

            He took out the other two just like he did to the rest, striking in a maddening way. His vision darkens and saliva gathers in his mouth and squirts out through his clenched teeth as he forces the steel to sink into the dark creature over and over.

            Kale stumbles backward and stares at the dark misty bodies. The four bodies of his team sink away but the dark bodies stay. Kale’s head pounds over and over.

            What is going on?

            The dark mists of the four bodies fade away and reveal his team. His real team. He had murdered them.

            Kale falls to his knees and cries. Crying for something he would have never done but did. Crying from the evil that has taken him. He glares through his watery vision at all the bodies of his friends lying in blood. Their faces were covered in gashes and punctures.

            “No!” Kale lifts the ice pick over his head and strikes down on the orb and breaks it into millions of pieces. He feels energy immediately withdraw from his body. He drops the ice pick and collapses to the ground. He sleeps an eternal sleep of insanity and all but dreams of the darkest nightmares.

© 2012 Raggedy_Jones


Author's Note

Raggedy_Jones
This is one of my first writings so definitely leave some reviews and let me know how it could be better.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on December 17, 2012
Last Updated on December 17, 2012
Tags: horror, tragedy