Cursed One's ~ Part 1

Cursed One's ~ Part 1

A Story by Raging Thunder
"

The story of 3 vampire children and their fight for freedom!!

"
It was a strangely chilly afternoon for the month of May. The lone rider was egging his horse to run faster and was clutching his traveling cloak tighter around his neck. Riding through the forest was not as usual today because everything was very quiet today; compared to everyday when the cacophony of the birds and animals that made the forest their home could be heard. He reached a part of the forest which had tall trees on both sides and the foliage was so think that even the sun was helpless in penetrating them. He could hear a sound in the distance, like someone was crying for help, being the brave knight he was he egged his horse to move faster towards the sound, a little further he came into a clearing and saw a woman, sitting on the edge on the rough path that was made by travelers, she had her cloak pulled all over her head and soft sobs could be heard from under them. He alighted from his horse and walked towards her, and from a safe distance asked her, “What is wrong young lady, why are you crying?” she said nothing but continued to sob. He asked her once more, but instead of replying, she stood up and pulled her cloak back. She was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen, she had a round face and beautiful black eye, she had white skin upon which hung her jet black hair in soft curls, he features were sharp, yet when he looked at her he felt fear, fear like he had never felt before. He backed away and started walking towards his horse, but the woman was faster, and suddenly she blocked his path. She let out a long howl, which resulted in 2 more people showing up. The knight drew his sword, but bfor he could raise it, the woman had jumped onto his back, and two of her fangs had pierced his throat, he felt faint and then finally fell down to the ground. He could feel his blood being drained as 2 more pairs of fangs tore into his body, his life drained; he stopped breathing and was dead in a matter of minutes. The three of them whose names were unknown, but had become a terror to people in the district were known as the Cursed Ones.

The story of Cursed Ones, goes back a few years, and had changed over the years as people retold them. There was an old wise man in the village of Drakenberg, who knew what the real story was, and every evening, hordes of people would go to the local tavern to hear the same. That evening sitting in the room, hidden from everyone were the Cursed Ones themselves, they wanted to hear what the villagers had to say about that. The old man started his reciting his story and everyone in that room fell silent. It was exactly 5 years ago that the rumor had started, that a family had come to live in castle Drakenberg, they had been seen moving in by a few townsfolk. They were a family of 5 they described, but since the time that they had moved into that castle only 3 of them would be seen coming and going from it. They were Adam, Richard and Katie the three siblings of the family, their parents were never seen by anyone in the town except for the few people who had seen them moving in. The three siblings were always together wherever they went and were only seen out in the town when the weather was gloomy and dark. People who would walk close to them would always complain of sickness later, so they were avoided by the townsfolk. Since the time this family had moved in Drakenberg had become a very gloomy and dark place, as if all the happiness had been sucked out of it. There were always thick black clouds that would hang over the horizon, making it difficult for the town to get sunlight, though the clouds never did pour a drop of rain, they would scream thunderously at night accompanied with flashes of white lightning. The darkest and biggest of the clouds always hung over the tower of Castle Drakenberg and could be seen even from outside the limits of the town. The old man stopped for a drink of water and the chattering in the room ensued, there were talks of the people they had seen in the town, and some of them went to the window to see if the story about the clouds was actually true. When the old man was done the room was silent once more, he continued, the three siblings were not that different to look at, all three had the same height, the sister was a few inches shorter had long jet black hair, something which was uncommon in these parts of Germany, the brothers looked like identical twins apart from the fact that, one brother had black hair like his sister, while the other was a blonde. Their hair hung in thick curls over their shoulders but was not untidy and looked well kept and groomed. They always dressed in heavy cloaks and had theirs hoods pulled up, even in the unbearable heat of the summer, they would be dressed the same way. 

The old man looked out the window and continued, he told them of an incident that had happened very recently, there was a duke and his family who lived in the village of drakenberg, he was a just man and used to collect the taxes his highness, which would be collected every month. When the Duke had gone up to castle drakneberg to collect the tax, there was heard a piercing scream that had woken up the entire town, after that day the duke was never seen again, his wife and children had searched for days and had even gone into the castle along with the royal police to search for him, but he was nowhere to be found. A few days later the wife and son of the duke had also gone missing. This had raised suspicion among the townsfolk, they had marched upto the castle and had demanded that they be allowed to search it and look for the missing family. The entire town had seen the entire castle from the inside, but had not been able to find the family. The old man stopped talking and looked around uneasily, feeling as if someone was standing behind him, he could feel breathing on his neck. He was given another mug of ale by one of the people listening to his story and he continued. The new duke never had to go up to the castle as Adam would deliver the tax himself. He found the children to be odd, since they never interacted with the people of the town, not even the children of their age. They would just roam around the streets for a while, showing no emotion on their faces. The old man continued that he had once come face to face with Katie, when he use to run the local grocery shop, she had come in late one evening looking to buy some flour, she stood there in her heavy cloak and hood over her head, she held out her hand with some money on it, when the old man touched her hand to take the money, it was stone cold. She quickly withdrew her hand and took the flour and left the shop. The old man still remembered how cold that hand felt, how devoid of life. 

© 2012 Raging Thunder


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on May 29, 2012
Last Updated on May 29, 2012
Tags: vampire, freedom, fiction

Author

Raging Thunder
Raging Thunder

London, United Kingdom



About
I love writing poems, most of my poems tend to be very emotional. more..

Writing