Drowning Thoughts

Drowning Thoughts

A Story by RahmaChio

W

hen I was child I would always picture myself growing up excitedly. To grow taller and reach the things that was above our furniture that I couldn’t reach. To buy food on my own and many more. I would always imagine how it’s like to be a grown up and having a mind of my own.
When I was just a little girl, I have high hopes for life. I view life as a beautiful place, a world where people are happy. As I turned on our television, I would always be amazed seeing moving pictures inside a box. I was always looking forward to growing up That’s how simple my perspectives and dreams as a child was
.




And now, I am currently an 18-year old lady. Yes, finally I grew up! After a long wait. It felt like I’ve opened a box after several years of trying to open it and it turns out the box was just full of garbage. I’ve been through a lot of ups and downs in life. My simple dreams and wishes when I was a child did come true, to grow taller and reach the things above our furniture but it turned out there were people who was taller than me and furniture became higher and taller too and I was back to not reaching them again even I got older. To buy food on my own, yes, I could buy food on my own and that’s when I realized money makes the world go around. Even I grew up I wasn’t still able to buy food on my own always because my hand and pocket was empty.


 


When I was a child I would always look forward to watching television than be forced by my mom to sleep in the afternoon so that I’d become taller but now, I’d rather be sleeping all day than watch news about problems and crimes in the world. When I was a child I’d always run around and cry after getting my knee scrapped because I tripped and I would think that when I grew up, I’d walk nicely so I won’t be tripped but right now I’d pick that scrapped knee any day than to be crying because of a broken heart.


 


As it turns out life wasn’t as simple as I thought it would be, as I grew older I understood why people drink the night away, why people smoke their lungs to death, why people cry their eyes out, why people throw themselves of the building and why people have scars




When people kill themselves, it’s not the blade that cut through their wrist that killed them, it’s not the rope they used to hang themselves, it’s not the pills they took to overdosed themselves, it's not the bullet that pierced through their brain, it’s their unending war of thoughts, it’s their mind that killed them.




 Depression, Anxiety and other psychological issues like OCD, panic attacks increase the risk of a person committing suicide.


Life may not go the way you planned it to be, it won’t be the way you dreamed it would be but life gives you a lot to look forward to.







© 2017 RahmaChio


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aply put young lady, great job young lady. Thank you for sharing this great write

Poeticme

Posted 7 Years Ago


RahmaChio

7 Years Ago

I'm glad you liked it. thankyou!
This is so well written and inspiring. You have highlighted simple facts in such a lovely manner! I am looking forward to read more of your writings.

Posted 7 Years Ago


RahmaChio

7 Years Ago

Thankyou so much I really appreciated your comment!! Same as well to you :))
thank you for this. I've been feeling very depressed lately because of a lost loved ones and I've been reading needed works like this to help... It's to read works that doesn't immediately dismiss the negativity, because not everyone could just skip pass the darkness and immediately find light. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


RahmaChio

7 Years Ago

I'm sorry for your lost and I'm glad to help! Thankyouuu for appreciating my work.
ZG_14

7 Years Ago

:) :) :) :) :)
I'm also new here, then I read this one and it's really touching :'(

Posted 7 Years Ago


RahmaChio

7 Years Ago

Thankyouuuu!!! :)) I hope you liked it
I will surely read this. I was reading suddenly when my heart stopped at the sight of David Tennant. 😊😀

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RahmaChio

7 Years Ago

I hope you enjoy my work! :)
Najam Us Saher

7 Years Ago

Yes. I did like this one.
RahmaChio

7 Years Ago

Thankyouuuuuu!! :))

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
5 Reviews
Added on March 12, 2017
Last Updated on March 12, 2017

Author

RahmaChio
RahmaChio

Philippines



About
I am new here and I am an aspiring writer. Muslim and an Islam Believer Bachelor in Arts major in Communication student. more..