Daughters of Darkness

Daughters of Darkness

A Story by Emily Michael

“Have you ever had any evidence of any mental disorders?” Asked the cop to the left, Officer Starr.

“No!” I protested, “I don’t understand why everyone asks me that!”

“Well about 15 years ago,” The officer on the right,Officer Lunas, chimed in “there was an incident at your house in Texas and you were found 3 days later passed out, covered in blood, on the ground in Oklahoma.”

“There was a break in at my house. So I ran.” I said.

“I see,” stated Officer Lunas “but a break in doesn’t explain how you ended up passed out on the ground in Oklahoma.” He took another swallow of his drink, which smelled oddly like coffee and candy canes.

I looked up at him, “Well, that’s because it’s hard to explain. The only way I could possibly explain what happened correctly would be to write the story down.”

“I see.” He turned to the mirror on the wall, “You heard the lady.” I was confused. I couldn’t understand what we were waiting on. But about ten minutes later an intern came in with a laptop and set it down in front of me. “Get to it, sweetheart.” He glared at me for a few seconds, then i started writing. So here’s my story...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

December 30th, 1997. That’s when it began. It was about 5:08 in the evening when I called Alexander (he was my fiancé at the time). I knew I had to tell him.I was so excited. Well… I guess it started a little before that… When i joined the Filiae Tenebris. My sister has had 2 baby girls and I have always wanted to have a girl. So I went to my sister and asked her if she did anything special to get the girls. She said she joined a club where they did prayers that helped channel the femininity. So I went to one of their meetings.

They had me sign a contract and silly me I didn’t even read it. They had me sit in a circle of candles as they spoke in Latin… They said something like “Nostrum est hoc sacrificium novum . Sed ecce accumsan gravida. Oremus” which I translated when I got home. They said, “This is our new sacrifice. She has come to ensure pregnancy. Let us pray.” I should’ve quit going but I wanted a baby girl so bad. After about 3-4 weeks I stopped going. And the first day I stayed home was the day I found out I was pregnant.

Okay, now, on December 30th I had a doctors appointment to find out the sex of my baby. 5:08pm. I called Alexander to tell him. We were having a girl. Alexander was so happy for us. We were having a girl! What were the odds?

A few days later, January 3rd, we got a letter in the mail. It didn’t have a return address on it and it only had my name. I don’t have the letter--it was burned in the fire (I’ll get to that part later)--but I remember it like it’s sitting here in front of me. It said, “Karman Krystin, you now have what you wanted out of our visits. You signed the following contract so it’s almost our turn to take what’s ours. In the time of 10 days, we will come for you. You will try to hide. But we will find you. You are carrying the chosen one. The Kingston line has never birthed a girl. The Kingston line is the chosen blood. Your daughter is the Chosen Daughter. The most powerful Filiae Tenebris in history.”

Alexander was terribly confused. But I wasn’t. As I read I knew that I signed away my daughter’s life. I knew I had messed up. I knew I had to explain. Alexander was terrified after I told him. He left me that night.

I spent the next 9 days on my couch eating icecream. I had lost the love of my life. and I was about to lose my daughter. So on the tenth day I hid in my bathroom and I waited.

I heard the door bust in. And I was out the window in two minutes. I was outside in the bushes and I heard someone yell, “She’s not here! Burn it down!” and the house burst into flames. I got on the next bus out of town and I kept running. The last stop the bus had was in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

I was walking through the town when I felt like someone was following me. I couldn’t shake the feeling. So I took a cut through the woods. I felt a lot more secure surrounded by trees. Then, out of no where I felt an arrow pierce through my side, knocking me to the ground. A person wearing a black hooded robe stepped out in front of me.

“I told you we would find you,” he said. “The Kingston daughter will be the most powerful out of us all.”

I felt a knife cut an incision right above my bellybutton and the pain was so sharp that it made my ears ring. I couldn’t move, no matter how hard I tried. Three more people in black robes stepped out from behind the trees. They picked me up and everything around me faded into darkness.

I awoke about 5 hours later to the warmth of a fire burning 20 feet away from me. I saw the man in the robe, he was holding something small and bloody… I felt my stomach and saw the stitches. It was my baby. My precious child was taken out of me and was being held by a fire. The man began to speak.

He held up my daughter and said, “Offero tibi electus. Illa tibi, sed habeat vitam aeternam!” And into the fire my daughter went. I couldn’t do anything to stop it. My darling, Rose, taken before her life had even begun. I started to cry and something hit me on the head.

The next time I awoke I was in a police station. I tried to tell them my story but they didn’t believe me. They sent me to Laureate Psychiatric Clinic, where I spent the next 14 years.

Last year, I moved back home to Garland, Texas. I met a new guy named Heath and we are now engaged. We went to go look for houses together last week. We called a real estate lady and her assistant said for us to meet her at the house yesterday, January 13, 2013.

We showed up at the house and a woman with long blonde hair and green eyes greeted us. “Howdy! Sorry it had to be so late in the day! It’s my birthday today and I had to celebrate with my family. Anyway, my name is Rose. Rose Kingston. Shall we proceed inside?”

She said her name was Rose… Kingston… her birthday… I blacked out again. The only thing I can remember after that was being take to the police station again. This time, there was blood on my hands and Rose was in the window staring at me, smiling.

“Ms. Krystin, we are here to ask you questions about the murder of Ms. Rose Kingston.” Officer Lunas said.

“She’s not dead. She’s in the window.” I responded.

And that brings us back to the beginning… If you don’t believe me, send me back like the others did.

© 2015 Emily Michael


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very thoughtfully written story, that has all the drama and emotion to keep the reader riveted and engrossed.
Emily you are a great writer.
i would love to read a book written by you.
Now you would ask me, book? and Me?." How can I write a book"?
Yes you can.
Bring some discipline into your erratic life-style and sit down daily for at least one hour on your laptop/computer. Write at least 5 pages daily, and in 2 months, you would have a 300 page novel.
Try it Emily. You will find a new meaning in life.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

very good! i like this story. Did u experience the other world some time? Well, dont mess with them child.Thats my advice to u. With regards, June.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Very thoughtfully written story, that has all the drama and emotion to keep the reader riveted and engrossed.
Emily you are a great writer.
i would love to read a book written by you.
Now you would ask me, book? and Me?." How can I write a book"?
Yes you can.
Bring some discipline into your erratic life-style and sit down daily for at least one hour on your laptop/computer. Write at least 5 pages daily, and in 2 months, you would have a 300 page novel.
Try it Emily. You will find a new meaning in life.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 13, 2015
Last Updated on January 13, 2015

Author

Emily Michael
Emily Michael

St. Charles, MO



About
i'm weird and crazy but when it comes to writing i get drawn into what i write and that's all i can think about. i've loved to write ever since i was four when i wrote my first song. more..

Writing