Requiem Rain

Requiem Rain

A Story by Camellia
"

A dark forest, a hunted house and a normal girl, all under the pressure of the unforgiving rain.

"

The forest is calm by day but at night, who knows how many dangers there could be for a sixteen year old girl.

 

The young girl in question had eyes like the night and brown hair that looked like the brown bark of trees. 

 

She has been lost in that forest for more than four hours, she was beginning to feel tired, so she decided to rest under a tree, when, not too far from where she was resting, she heard the howl of a wolf and immediately jumped up in a defensive stance.

 

Looking in the direction where she heard the howl come from she saw two hungry yellow eyes scrutinizing her slowly; her breath was caught in her throat while she stared in those eyes.

 

Shaking, she took a step back and the wolf took a step forward only to stop when another howl was heard.

 

The wolf looked in the direction the howl came from and then went back to staring at her.

 

He gave a low growl, showing his sharp teeth, then turned and ran deep in the forest, to the other wolves.

 

Once the wolf was out of sight, she coughed and took deep in-takes of air. After finally calming down, her heart still pounding loudly in her chest, she started running in the opposite direction of where the wolf took off to.

 

She ran until she caught the glimpse of a house's gate.

 

She stopped, to take a breath and see if she wasn't hallucinating things. Confirming that it wasn't an illusion created by her mind, she ran as fast as she could to the house's gate.

 

Arriving at the gate in a matter of minutes, she took notice that it was in horrible condition and so was the villa, because that was no ordinary house.

 

The color, which looked to be white, was coming off and some parts were now gray; some of the windows were broken and the roof had holes here and there.

 

At first she was scared to enter but thinking about the wolves and at the banquet they could have with her, she marched straight towards the entrance.

 

The door creaked and the girl started having second thoughts, but entered anyway.

 

 The villa inside looked even more grim and sinister then how it looked outside.

 

"I hope there is nothing dangerous in here…" she thought, looking around scared, while she walked down a corridor.

 

Turning a couple of corridors she found herself in front of a staircase, not in the best conditions, she walked up to the top thus finding herself on the second floor.

 

Looking right or left she saw nothing but a long corridor of doors that seemed to never end.

 

Opening five or six doors she noticed that there were, probably, only bedrooms on this floor.

 

Opening another four doors she found a rather nice and comfortable room where she could rest a bit.

 

After fixing the bed she took off her shoes and sat on it.

 

Glimpsing at her wristwatch she noticed that it was almost midnight so she hurriedly went to sleep.   

 

When finally the hands of her watch marked midnight there were twelve chimes, presumably from the watches that she had seen around the house, that awoke her with a start.

 

When the chimes ended there was silence again, which was once again interrupted.

 

DRIP

 

DRIP

 

DRIP

 

The silence was interrupted by the sound of a dripping tap.

 

Rising very slowly, the girl put on her shoes and went to open the door very carefully, trying not to make it creak, which unfortunately failed.

 

"Why does this kind of thing always happen to me?" contemplated the girl in the safety of her mind.

 

She walked back down the corridor and got to the door where the noise was coming from.

 

Calmly resting her hand on the cold, smooth surface of the door knob and turning it with the same calm and gentleness, she entered.

 

"It's dark… Too dark…" thought the girl, not daring to enter further, looking around for something to light the room when…

 

FLASH

 

A thunder stroke.

 

The light was enough to enlighten the room, even if it was just for a second the girl was able to see what was causing the noise, which, perhaps, she never really wanted to see.    

 

There, in front of her, was a bathtub overflowing with a red liquid.

 

There, floating in the red liquid, was the body of a woman… Headless and with a dagger stabbed in her chest, where the red liquid was overflowing from.

 

She quickly brought her hands to her face, too scared to scream, and backed away until she tripped over a floor joist.  

 

Barely getting up, she looked again at the woman's corpse to find out that the dagger was missing...


Encouraged by the power of fear she ran away from that room with all her might.

 

Still running away she didn't notice that she had already reached the stairs, she slipped and fall down.

 

THUP

 

She arrived at the end of the stairs full of cuts and wounds, but rose again and began running.

 

By now she was pretty far from the villa, but she was showing no sign of wanting to stop.

 

She ran, ran and ran.

 

She's been running for more than two hours in that forest wet from the rain and her tears, and those tears prevented her from seeing where she was going or better where she was going to fall.

 

She fell down the cliff almost unemotionally, no screaming or showing signs that she was still alive and kicking…

 

She… Probably already gave up.

 

"I will die like this… Won't I?" she thought once she reached the end of the cliff, staring at the cloudy sky in grief.

 

- Lucinda!

 

Shouted a distant but at the same time close voice.

 

The girl, or rather Lucinda, was a little dazed but she could swear that this wasn't Heaven and that the one that shouted her name was her mother.

 

- M-mom? Where… Am I? - she asked, her voice a little horse, while she tried sitting up but failed.

 

- Honey, you still can't get up, you had a very high fever so I brought you to the nearest hospital. But a couple of hours ago you started squirmming in your sleep so I had to wake you up.

 

"A dream? You have to be kidding me, right?!" Lucinda asked herself shocked.

 

 She tried sitting up one more time and failed again, when she fell back she realized that all her body ached so she pulled up the sleeve of her shirt revealing cuts and wounds, still fresh and bleeding.

 

She remained shocked for a while, when she snapped out of it she turned towards her mother.

 

She gave her mother a frightened look and said: - Dreams, they can't do this… Right?  

© 2017 Camellia


Author's Note

Camellia
If you see any grammatical errors, please tell me. English is not my first language, it's actually my third. Please listen to Chopin's Marche Funèbre while reading this, it was what inspired me to write this story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It will construct better ones you create chapters on one of your work.
It gives you more planning and smart time to link everything together.

Link: http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/jameshannamagill/1133824/
One of my best writer who inspires me to write.

Must check his work.
you will love them :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Must have been through all this. Decent work.
Quiet constructive and proper punctuation. Loved it, have to read it again - You would ask why??
I would revert - I need to read it again as its long storytelling. Thus, have to remark on this later again.

You got better way of expressions.
Will share more remarks again ones I have time :)


Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 8, 2013
Last Updated on November 2, 2017
Tags: girl, hunted house, wolves

Author

Camellia
Camellia

Italy



About
A small girl who loves to write. more..

Writing