Index 3: F.402.1.1

Index 3: F.402.1.1

A Story by Squid
"

The third story in a collection of stories that revolve around Fenton Umbren and his work with the IIA

"

Fenton came into the station at 6:58 in the morning. On his way in he stopped at the Operators desk, to see if there were any new assignments.


“Good morning, Operator, anything for me this morning?”

“Well, I have a series of unexplained disappearances in Walden Swamp.”

“Sounds like a F.402.1.1, I’ll get on that, do we have any witnesses?”

“No one has seen anything directly, but the victims families might be a good place to start”

“Sounds good, thank you?” The Operator  handed Fenton a list of the address and names of the victims. 

“This should help aid in your investigation sir.”

“Thank you.”


Fenton headed to the armory, only taking a knife and a flashlight, there was no reason to take anything else. He headed out to his cruiser and drove out to the home of the first name on his list, Kevin Thompson. Soon he arrived, he went up to the door and knocked”


“Who are you? What do you want?” came a muffled voice from the other side of the door.

“This is Dr. Umbren with the IIA, I came to ask you some questions about the disappearance of your boyfriend, Kevin Thompson.”


“What do you want to know?” She said, opening the door and leaning against the door frame 

“When did Kevin disappear?”

“Uuuhhh, it was about two days ago. I don't know what time, he left while I was asleep, I assumed he had walked out on me but all of his things were still here.”

“Mmm, I see, did he seem odd at all in the weeks leading up to this.”

“Now that you mention it, he kept talking about lights off in the distance and how he wanted to go see them, does that help at all?”

“Yes it does Ms…?”

“Lexi.”

“Thank you for your help Ms. Lexi.”


He walked back to his cruiser and one by one, went to the other houses on his list, some were empty, but when people were home, there was very little variation, left in the middle of the night, lights in the distance, the only major difference was the how long ago it happened, the oldest occurrence being 3 and a half weeks ago. Now all that was left to do, was find them, or what was left of them. By this time, evening had come, and with it, Fenton headed to the  swamp where all the missing persons had reportedly gone missing. 

After only about three minutes of searching, He saw what he was looking for, a small blue orb off in the distance, so he followed it. He walked for what seemed like hours but couldn't have been more than ten minutes. The whole time he walked, He kept the blade of his knife pressed against his palm, the pain kept him from being taken by the entity's hypnotic glow. Finally, he reached the creatures layer and saw the creature itself, despite having read and be told what they looked like, nothing could have prepared him for the monster that he now faced, it looked like a gigantic cross between an angler fish and a spider, then, Fenton saw his targets, human sized cocoons of the creatures stickly silk.

 He darted beneath the creatures legs, sprinting towards the cocoons, the creature screeched and brought down one of its sharp legs down, but Fenton just managed to roll out of the way, when he came up from the roll, he flicked his flashlight on and shined it onto the creature, it’s skin smoked and it screeched again skittering away from the light.

He took the opening to run to the nearest cocoon and cut it open with his knife, however, there was only a corpse left, the same with the next one, and the next one, as Fenton moved the last one, the creatures legs came down on his lab coat, pinning him in place, as a second leg came down to finish him off, Fenton slid out of his coat and shinned the creature, it screeched again, but it seemed to have less effect the second time. 

He ran to the last cocoon and tore it open, and, only a corpse left, there was no one left to save, so he ran, Fenton shined the flashlight on the creature one more time, and ran, ran out of the swamp, the creature chased him, but not for long, it eventually retreated back to its territory. Then Fenton drove back to the station to write his after incident report. 

“Disappearances thought to be linked to an instance of  F.402.1.1 were reported in Walden Swamp. After questioning relations of victims, a general location of instance was learned. Rescue attempt made. Result: Unsuccessful.” After turning in his report, Fenton drove home, for a night of restless sleep.

© 2021 Squid


Author's Note

Squid
uploads are gonna slow significantly after this, as i have uploaded all the ones i had prewritten

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
aly
this is still rlly good n i still rlly love the action scenes and mood @ the screaming hunter that is all

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 1, 2021
Last Updated on January 1, 2021
Tags: Folklore, Mythology, monster of the week

Author

Squid
Squid

Writing
Index 6 F470.1 Index 6 F470.1

A Story by Squid


The Drive The Drive

A Story by Squid


Index 5 A442.1.2 Index 5 A442.1.2

A Story by Squid