Out of their shell

Out of their shell

A Story by Rajveer__
"

An advanced civilisation is found living under the earths surface. More evolved than humans some are taken captive and used for genetic research, leading to an end of the peaceful era.

"

I felt the anger rising. Any thoughts of trying the countdown approach to calm myself were gone, I clenched my hands and jaw. My fists started to shake. I looked at him as he stood there, with a mocking smirk on his face. I did not care about containing my anger anymore, all I wanted was to plant my fist in the jaw of this sick, perverted b*****d.

“What’s wrong Hodges? Cat got your tongue?” he said with a grin. He wanted this. He knew I wanted to hit him. On one hand I did not want to give him that pleasure, but on the other I didn’t care anymore.

“Eat this you son of a-“ As I brought my left arm up in an attempt to hook him in the jaw he dematerialised a split second before my fist made contact, ending up instead punching thin air. Surprise and confusion swept through my mind “What the hell…”

“You’re not as fast as you think Hodges” A voice came from behind me. His voice. I turned around and saw him standing a few feet away from me, with that same mocking smirk teasing me.

“How the hell did you-” Before I could finish that sentence, again he was gone.

“Like this”. This time I heard him from behind me but with his voice much closer. I turned around in a swift motion, ready to hit him. But I was too slow. He head butted me in the nose and disappeared once more. I groaned as my head went dizzy, my eyes welled up with tears and I started seeing stars. It seemed like stopping water filling up in my eyes whenever hit in the nose was something I will never be able to control. It was simply frustrating.

“Dude you are way out of your depth here”

I couldn’t believe what was happening. No. That wasn’t true. I could believe, but I didn’t want to. First fire. Then ice. And now teleportation. Their powers were getting more advanced and more diverse. Who knew what other chemically induced powers that truck contained? I had to this kid from getting away with it. But I didn’t know how. I couldn’t beat this guy fair and square. But so far he had made one mistake and that was his predictability.

This was the problem with giving such powers to reckless, unstable and somewhat psychopathic teenagers. Easy to recruit but total rookies. I still had the taser in my left pocket and my pistol in the other. I eyed him and we both stared at each other for a few seconds. I drew my gun towards him, and as I expected he teleported. With my other hand I quickly drew the taser and before I could even turn to look behind me I shot it, using pure instinct and hoping I would get lucky.

I took the shot. But the kid was too fast. As I fired the shot in the blink of an eye he was in front of me and head butted me in the nose once again. I should have expected that. I felt blood drip down into from my nose into my mouth. I was angry. My eyes closed and in a stupid move I dropped my gun to cover my broken nose with my hands. I heard the click of metal. As I opened my eyes and looked at the boy I realised my mistake as I saw him hold my gun in his head, this time with a serious stone cold look on his face, no grinning. I felt my heart sink. He had been right, I was way out of my depth here.

“This was fun boss but I’m afraid I’m running late for a delivery. You shouldn’t have come here”

I closed my eyes. This was it. There was nothing I could do. This was how my life was going to end.

There was a groan, a sound of sparks and a clunk of metal. I opened my eyes and to my surprise saw the boy on his knees, with two metal clips stuck in the side of his waist that, from his reaction, seemed to be electrocuting him. Relief washed over me but at the same time confusion took over. Who had fired that?

I heard footsteps and saw a woman walk towards me from the garage door. Her skin a pale green colour, she wore dark leather jeans and jacket. Her hair was dark and tied behind her head in a long ponytail that reached her waist and she had an exceptionally advanced looking compound bow tucked behind her back and a sword by her waist. She walked towards me. There was an unnatural grace in the way she walked. She stared at me in the eyes without saying anything. What was up with womans skin? Could she be one of them…but out here? On the surface?

“Look thanks for helping me there, I thought I was dead for sure " wait no! I’m not a threat!” I shouted as I put my hands in front of me and took a couple of steps back. She had reached for a holster tied around her waist and took out a gun. Without saying anything, she fired what looked like a dart in the right side of my chest. My vision got blurry. My legs started to shake. I felt tired and sleepy. My body started to fall and before I even hit the floor I was asleep.

© 2016 Rajveer__


Author's Note

Rajveer__
Please feel free to point out any mistakes you see, I'd like as honest a feedback as possible. I'm just starting out with writing stories! Thank you

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's a good start. I was instantly taken in by the first sentence and to me that is a make or break for me when it comes to a story I will read. Another thing is that it leaves me wondering what more there is to come, which is good. Is there more to come?

Posted 8 Years Ago


Rajveer__

8 Years Ago

I'm glad to hear you liked it and I appreciate the review. I am currently working on a prequel to th.. read more
Lastwords187

8 Years Ago

Sounds good I will be looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
I was drawn to the story by its tagline:

" An advanced civilisation is found living under the earths surface. More evolved than humans some are taken captive and used for genetic research, leading to an end of the peaceful era. "

The encounter between the characters has the right balance of dialogue and action and scene setting.

' I saw him hold my gun in his head' - a head that acts as a hand - now that's evolved!

Is this the first chapter? Look forward to more!


Posted 8 Years Ago


Rajveer__

8 Years Ago

Just a spelling error there I should have noticed. Thanks for the feedback I very much appreciate it.. read more
Solar

8 Years Ago

Please do keep writing - will follow.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 26, 2016
Last Updated on June 13, 2016
Tags: sci fi, fantasy, fiction

Author

Rajveer__
Rajveer__

Glasgow, United Kingdom