"BLINKED"     The Final Story      Author : Ralph Marston

"BLINKED" The Final Story Author : Ralph Marston

A Story by Ralph Marston
"

his world has good from a great life with a loving family to someone who can't remember his own name, never mind his family. so he escapes from the hospial insearch of finding his wife and family.

"

                  "BLINKED"

                                     

page seven:

                     theirs always a silver lining in life.

 

 

as John Doe now makes his way along side the passing train, moving slowly by.

John dashes down the train tracks and againg is able to grab hold of thr railings, again this luck is holding out  because it happens to be a container box car (used for transporting live animals).

so now he climbs along the side to the doors entrance area. finding the door, John unlocks it and moves

one door open so as to be able to get inside, then climbs inside shutting the door close. the first thing John sees is another pile of hay, again he makes himself a bed for the ride. John climbs on top of the pile and falls off to sleep. during this resting period... John starts dreaming once again... again he looking at a woman who softly speaking to him..., he can't remember what she said ... she was telling him to wakes up (thinking the she was  beside him) but as his eyes opened, the only sounds are those of the train moving along the rails, as he again lays his head down... and slowly drifts back  off to sleep.

 

all of a sudden, someother person approaches...  where John is sleeping..., this person is standing near the side door of this container car (its an employee of the rail road company) he happens tobe one of the crew personal, working that train (looking for riders).

he grabs a hold of John and starts yelling who does he think he is ? riding on his train, before John can say a word... the employee opens the box cars doors wider and throws John off the train...  lucky to have landed on a small grassy area without any trees or bolders around, otherwise this story ould have ended there.

now John picks himself up and wipes off the grass and dirt,  as the train now passes him by.  then if from know where...., those four men from a few days eariler emerge from the wooded area... John can't believe what he's looking at.... those guys had beating me...  and left me for dead.  now there  standing infront of John once again.  "hey..look-ie who's he-re", its our old friend "John Doe"... Charles said to the others and next to him was Grey Eagle, ( while Smittie and Manuel were towards the other side of John)

Grey Eagle and Charles grabs John and drags him down the train tracks, the poor son of a b***h , (John) now believes that the four of them will now get rid of him and his soon to be lifeless body, he has to try any thing inorder to get away from these guys.... the more he tryed to struggle the ruffer they became (punching him and slapping him around).  then without warning... they drop him to the ground.

as they now moved away from John and huddled together, now Johns body trembles with fear for he knows that his chances are slim to none of getting away from these men. they return and again start to drag John down to a dirt trail and John happens to notice a body of water... thoughts of him getting killed  now fills his head and body "with true fear of death".  a these men now throw John into the water , John begins to scream and yells for someone to help... as he tryed getting away from his attackers... one of them grab hold of his head and begins holding it down... under the water, as its released and Johns head able to reach the surface... he gasps for a breath of air and before he knows it another holds his head below he surface of water.  John looks and can see the four of them laughing as he once again kicks and pulls for a breath of air...,

then everything begins to turn white... not as in the color be a white shinning light of light, one that is so bright you would think it would hurt you vision just by look at it.... but it becomes the whittest thing one has ever seen, then as quickly as it becomes white your now into total darkness... as dark as pure black. 

"Strangely"... John begins to hear that same womans voice again ?..., he asks himself why and who is it ?

and again for some unknown strange reason... John sees a dim light thru all that darkness the once blinded his vision... then the light becomes brighter and even brighter then before, again he hears that same womans voice for the last time... and now the bright lights dims then total darkness... time now seems frozen... where ever he is.

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                   "BLINKED" 

                          The true meaning of life     

 

 

page eight:

                    life does flash before ones eyes.

 

 

 

in space... for from that moment on....,John Doe was in the darkest place a man could take any person.       "a total black abyss"

I could not imagined in my life time a darker area.

as John Doe thoughts are floating in this world of total darkness, now his thouhts are of his life "flashing" before his very eyes.

 

Its as if he's been living a dream all along..., as he slowly awakens to the glare of the morning sun light...

that strong beams of lights reach his eyes and it becomes harder for John to see.  now still trying to focus in on his own vision... towards that persons voice, ? who is asking him questions. then John soon realized its a medical personal (or some kind of doctor of medicine), who is asking all of these questions ? (some thing that John still can't understand).

then John's mind wonders...  thinkings back to the last time he was admitted to the hospital  scared and all along, John again thinks of his family again...his wife and children. these thoughts are the only things that now occupying his mind..., confused and scared... he hears "her voice speaking to him" again, its the same voice he hears of her softly spoken words, every time John closes his eyes to rest.

as this silhouette comes closer towards him...John's eyes steadily adjusting...to the brightness of the room and keeps trying to focus on this strange object moving closer and nearer to him. now John wipes his eyes and for the frist times he sees his wife (and fells that its been years apart from one another), then his children ( Jordan, Arianna and Scott)  move towards the side of the bed John is laying in, asking how he feels and if he knew their names... by now he remembers everyone and also every occasion his family had, even their last soccer match.

 Christopher (Lauren) aka" John Doe"...,  never knew that while his wife (Elizabeth) drove thru the country side, he had a stroke (or a cerebral hemorrhage) at the time the doctors didn't know which of the two had occured. so he (Christpher/John Doe) was placed into a deep coma, the doctors felt that either way that would allow them adequate time for testing and medications needed.

stimulants injected by i.v. along with newer medicines, as to prevent any blood clots to form (into your veins and arteries) ,after a couple weeks of resting and receiving medication, it seems that all testing is negative for any prolong damage." you should be able to live a long normal life". (the doctor now speaking)  this was why we slowly took you out of the coma, tears now fill his eyes as does his wife and children.

 

Christopher now had learned that it was closer to three weeks of being placed into that coma, before all testing were thru.  because of the time required to Med Flight him to the hospital, doctors felt that even a healthy person would have a slim chance to survive at best, but those medical personal (who treated "John Doe") stated that this patient was truly "a medical miracle", most other patient would never had survived and for some strange reason at the time ?  (unknowned to the other medical staff at the time), you kept on answering all questions by the doctors with a "Blink" of your eyes. so your nick name here was blink, that showned the medical staff (or they felt that way) this way of communication , that this patient was going to be a surviver because of the way he fought to answer the questions possess to him. it showned you were alive and wern't going to give up, so that's another reason why you were placed into a coma.

by the way... your wife (Elizabeth), has been here everyday holding your hand and whispering to you. I think that was the most loving thing, I had ever seen someone do for their husband.

it was truly remarkable, for nothing more then "true love", for the one they love.

may your life together grow as both of you age and last forever.

 

                          The End

© 2012 Ralph Marston


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

great job son ad?

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

333 Views
1 Review
Added on September 21, 2012
Last Updated on September 28, 2012
Tags: pages seven and eight

Author

Ralph Marston
Ralph Marston

Abington, MA



About
For years I felt lost in my own world, their has to be more to life then someone just working to get ahead in life. for some strange reason this "friend" has suggested that I start writing and I did. .. more..

Writing
                             "BLINKED"                    Author : Ralph Marston ..

A Story by Ralph Marston