No Longer $5.00 Below

No Longer $5.00 Below

A Story by Randy Johnson

I have an ax to grind with Five Below stores. A Five Below store opened at the College Square Mall in Morristown, Tennessee about 17 or 18 months ago. One great thing about the Five Below stores was that everything they sold was $5.00 or less. Nothing they sold was over five bucks. But now they're charging $10.00 for some items.
The thing that made these stores special was that everything was $5.00 or less. That's why the stores are called 'Five Below'. But now that they're charging $10.00 for certain items, the stores have lost the special quality they once had. It may not be possible for them to sell certain items for only $5.00. But if that is the case, they should not sell those items in their stores.
The name of their stores is now misleading. Everything is no longer $5.00 or less. It's $10.00 or less. They should rename their stores 'Ten Below'. Maybe I'm the only person who is upset by this, but I doubt it. I'm not trying to be a cheapskate when I complain. But like I said earlier, selling products for $5.00 or less is what made their stores special. But now that is gone.
Even though I'm angry about the situation, I hope that people don't stop shopping at their stores. I would hate to see them go out of business.

© 2019 Randy Johnson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on November 20, 2019
Last Updated on November 20, 2019
Tags: Anger, Business, Complaint, Prices, Shopping, Retail

Author

Randy Johnson
Randy Johnson

TN



About
I was born in Middlesboro, Kentucky on August 20, 1971. I've lived in East Tennessee since 1973. My hobbies are writing and drawing. more..

Writing